Questions about 3D effects

Started by iaminonsiner, January 21, 2019, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaminonsiner

Hi !

Quick question !

I keep learning Terragen and today, I have make few tests about apply textures on sphere to have 3D effect, like you can see results here :

[attach=1]

Like you can see, I used few files ( Height, Base color, roughness ), I increase displacement to 0.1 and I have 3D effects like PBR files. I don't know if is the right way to do that, but I'm happy !
My question : I tried this on other objets like rocks or imported object but I have no result, the texture is flat and the displacement seem dosen't rock, do you konw why ?

archonforest

I have a feeling you asked this question yesterday?
I might be wrong of course but it sounds like. Or perhaps I just don't get the question here... ::)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

iaminonsiner

Quote from: archonforest on January 21, 2019, 11:58:53 AM
I have a feeling you asked this question yesterday?
I might be wrong of course but it sounds like. Or perhaps I just don't get the question here... ::)

Hello Archon !

The only question I asked about images on objects is here :

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26186.0.html

Here, I want to talk about textures and depht effect, so  I thinked I needed to create new thread but maybe was wrong idea  ;D

iaminonsiner

Or maybe you talk about this thread :

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26197.0.html

For me it was a completely different question ( PBR & Depth effect / Modification of an object) so... But maybe it's related and the answer to my question will be the same!

iaminonsiner

I just read many pages about this and maybe you're right, same question...  ;D ;D ;D

archonforest

Dune

It's always good to do a lot of reading. I think I've read every single post since 2009 or so. You always pick up some shards of information that can be useful later. Have to remember it though  :P

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on January 22, 2019, 03:22:36 AM
It's always good to do a lot of reading. I think I've read every single post since 2009 or so. You always pick up some shards of information that can be useful later. Have to remember it though  :P

This is very correct. I do the same. Reading a lot and bit by bit putting things together thus improving my renders. It is not a fast method but works.