Ridge and Gully masks (cont.)

Started by AP, January 23, 2019, 04:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Matt's Ridge and Gully masks for populations topic has provided a number of additional ideas that prompted investigating. Such ideas provided by the tgd file can be tested farther.

pokoy

Great, the trick is really useful, thanks for sharing this!
Quick question since I can't have a look right now - is the orange color range a mix of the red and yellow areas or is it a distinct 'mask' on its own?

AP

Quote from: pokoy on January 23, 2019, 04:51:51 AM
Great, the trick is really useful, thanks for sharing this!
Quick question since I can't have a look right now - is the orange color range a mix of the red and yellow areas or is it a distinct 'mask' on its own?

You are welcome.

The colors are a distinct mask on it's own.

pokoy

WAS

This seems to have some great applications. Thank you. I'll have to investigate this at some point.

mhaze

Been using this trick in my latest piece for texturing and placing displacements.

AP

A set of twenty Ridge and Gully masks.

Dune

zaxxon

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

You are welcome everyone.

WAS

Are we just clamping with the colour adjusts?

Dune

There's no need for clamping, afaik, but it's just complementing. What I don't understand is how the green to scalar (or blue/red) works here. I see a subtle difference, but 1. where does it get its green/blue/red from? (no input needed apparently  :o) and 2. is it adjustable? I don't think so.
Btw, you can easily adjust the outcomes by adding a scalar, or even a variable.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 28, 2019, 04:01:17 AM
There's no need for clamping, afaik, but it's just complementing. What I don't understand is how the green to scalar (or blue/red) works here. I see a subtle difference, but 1. where does it get its green/blue/red from? (no input needed apparently  :o) and 2. is it adjustable? I don't think so.
Btw, you can easily adjust the outcomes by adding a scalar, or even a variable.

Or for the colour adjusts I don't think. When you adjust them it just breaks the effect, so was wondering if it was just to clamp instead of using Clamp 0 1.

Dune

Well, the get altitudes get values that are clamped anyway, I would say, so no need for clamping.