Painted Canyon

Started by RichTwo, February 28, 2019, 09:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

This time with a bit more displacement and a touch of grass, nothing else, except to tweak the big cloud for coverage.  You all were too kind to me on my last one about the cloud.  I just didn't like it much.  I like this one better.  The project file is shared so go and grab it.  It has everything you see here.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Thanks Rich...nice ground and I  still like the clouds. heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Oshyan

Nice scene and super generous share!

- Oshyan

Hannes

Great image! The terrain is fantastic, and I like the clouds. Thanks for the share.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Thanks Rich2!  I rendered just the sky because I was curious.  :)

-Derek

bobbystahr

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on March 03, 2019, 08:24:43 AM
Thanks Rich2!  I rendered just the sky because I was curious.  :)

-Derek

did the same and this old DELL damn near choked, had to cancel out so, thanks for this heh heh. How long a render?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Hey Bobby,

I rendered it at 2500 pixels horizontal and I seem to remember it taking 2-3 hours.

I rendered it on my Core i7-4930K which is a 6-core 3.4GHz CPU that Turbos up to 3.9GHz (at least mine does.  heh).  I haven't done any overclocking at all, but for some reason it turbos up slightly higher than it's supposed to (3.7GHz is supposed to be the Max Turbo).  Maybe Windows 10 is SO SMART that it can push the CPU harder.  ;)

-Derek

bobbystahr

Thanks Derek..on this old DELL I daren't try anything that large in the sky or I'll be waiting 2 days LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New