Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 06, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
Some time ago I saw some wallpaper from Hubble telescope... if they knew you and your renders - they could have saved billions of dollars ;)
Great again!

Hah, DocCharly65! Thsnk, but I'm not such a cheap artist))

Denis Sirenko

Hey guys!

I have a question. Since I am Russian, I have a question for those for whom English is their native language. On the gif here attached, you see a piece of video that I will soon publish.

[attachimg=1]

This is one of the 12 nebulae that will be there. The total duration of the video is 5,5-6 minutes, in 4K, approximately 25-30 seconds for one smooth slow flight around the nebulae of different shapes, colors and complexities.

I want to call it "The birth of not our Suns" and from this title the video will start. I want to say that nebulae are the cradle for stars; in the nebula, stars form in the future, each of them could potentially become for new civilizations what our Sun is for us. But this is not our Sun.

Tell me please, do the English say that? Are there any mistakes? Or maybe it sounds weird, but not a grammatical or some other mistake?

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

sboerner

Denis, this is just so cool. I'd love to see the entire video.

QuoteI want to say that nebulae are the cradle for stars; in the nebula, stars form in the future, each of them could potentially become for new civilizations what our Sun is for us. But this is not our Sun.

A few thoughts . . .

Where new suns are born

or . . .

Distant cradle, new suns

or . . .

New suns for distant civilizations

Not sure any of these say precisely what you're trying to get at. Still noodling this . . . maybe inspiration will strike.

Oshyan

Oh, this is exciting to see. You must have found more optimized ways to do the nebulae since I last saw. Great stuff!

For the title, that version reads a bit oddly to me in English. Alternatives to consider (not direct translations, but similar in spirit, I think):
The Birth of Other Suns
The Birth of Distant Suns
The Birth of Suns Not Our Own

- Oshyan

Dune

Incredibly cool!
How about 'The birth of unknown suns'? Has a mystery to it too.

DocCharly65

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Stormlord

"Where new suns are born"

Sounds best!

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

I'd go with Oshyan's 3rd one "The Birth of Suns Not Our Own"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Denis Sirenko

Thanks guys!

Sboerner, I'm not looking for alternative titles, but thanks anyway for completely new variants. By the way, "Where new Suns are born" sounds quite good, but I would like more emphasis on the birth of new intelligent orginisms, we are always excited about the existence of someone else.

Quote from: Oshyan on March 31, 2019, 09:50:26 PM
You must have found more optimized ways to do the nebulae since I last saw.

Of course, Oshyan, this way is called "Terragen's flat renders in AfterFX 3D space" :)

Quote from: Oshyan on March 31, 2019, 09:50:26 PM
For the title, that version reads a bit oddly to me in English. Alternatives to consider (not direct translations, but similar in spirit, I think):
The Birth of Other Suns
The Birth of Distant Suns
The Birth of Suns Not Our Own

"The birth of not our Suns" — it "reads a bit oddly" or is it just a mistake and it will be wrong to say so? In other words, can such a name be attributed to "a bit unusual, but in general there is no rule that prohibits saying so." The fact is that I strive for a slightly unusual form, but at the same time I don't want to make a mistake. In any case, thanks for the alternatives, the second option seems most interesting.

Quote from: Dune on April 01, 2019, 01:42:56 AM
How about 'The birth of unknown suns'? Has a mystery to it too.

And this is good, although this has already occurred to me)

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 01, 2019, 10:11:27 AM

As far as I can understand, this title is the closest to what I want to say. But it is so unusual for me, so strange for me that "not our own" are at the end of the sentence. And my tongue breaks and braids when I say this (but this is my problem).

bobbystahr

As far as I can understand, this title is the closest to what I want to say. But it is so unusual for me, so strange for me that "not our own" are at the end of the sentence. And my tongue breaks and braids when I say this (but this is my problem).
Well in English it tracks very nicely but in your Native Tongue you may have to paraphrase that. The content of the title perfectly sums up what you seem to be aiming at.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

QuoteSboerner, I'm not looking for alternative titles, but thanks anyway for completely new variants.

You're very welcome! And I completely get what you're saying. (I spent 20+ years in a daily newspaper office writing headlines among other things. Once the headline writing brain cells kick in it's hard to stop. :)

QuoteQuote from: bobbystahr on Today at 02:11:27 PM

Notwithstanding what I just said above . . . then how about:

QuoteThe Birth of Suns Beyond Our Own

Perhaps it's the negative adverb ("not") that' tripping things up. A positive one ("beyond") may seem more, well, positive. ;D

FWIW!

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 01, 2019, 01:33:29 PM
Well in English it tracks very nicely but in your Native Tongue you may have to paraphrase that. The content of the title perfectly sums up what you seem to be aiming at.

Ok, Bobby, I will keep this in mind.

Quote from: sboerner on April 01, 2019, 02:45:14 PM
Perhaps it's the negative adverb ("not") that' tripping things up. A positive one ("beyond") may seem more, well, positive. ;D

I understand, thank you, but most likely this is not what I need.