maintenance agreement

Started by luvsmuzik, April 03, 2019, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I was trying to update to Frontier 4 newest release. Told in my account that my maintenance plan expired. I purchase plan for $89.00 and download lic key using key in email confirmation. Now locked out of account due to invalid password.....what the heck? I have my Windows screenshot of my payment before all this invalid password nonsense....

Current user TG Creative 4.3.23

Matt

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble logging in. Oshyan should be able to help you with login issues if they persist, but it may be best to send an email to him at support@planetside.co.uk

You don't need to log in to generate a key file, as long as you have the key code in your email. You can paste it in here (login not required):

https://planetside.co.uk/key-file-for-terragen-4/

However, usually you don't even need to do this. In Terragen, go to Check for Updates. That should automatically download a new key file if you upgraded from your original license. Then restart Terragen. If this doesn't work, use the link above to generate a new one.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oshyan

You should also be able to reset your password on the login screen. If you're still having trouble, indeed email us.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Thanks Matt and Oshyan. I will probably have to email you. I am getting message to update maintenance still when I open TG. Would a snap shot of my license key from TG application HELP assist you?  Payment for maintenance has been processed.  I see I should login and redownload key and msi etc.,   after 48 hours now also?

No hurry on this, trying to dabble now and then and thought I would try it.

Oshyan

A screenshot of your license info won't be useful, but something that would help is sending us your log files so we can see why the automatic update is not working. You can find it by going to Help->Reveal License Key File in Terragen, and then in the folder that opens, go into the Logs sub-folder and send us the server_connection_log.txt. You can email it to support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Oshyan on April 06, 2019, 04:22:10 PM
A screenshot of your license info won't be useful, but something that would help is sending us your log files so we can see why the automatic update is not working. You can find it by going to Help->Reveal License Key File in Terragen, and then in the folder that opens, go into the Logs sub-folder and send us the server_connection_log.txt. You can email it to support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

About 40 messages all the same ... 11/18/2018 (date I renewed Creative4?)
[2019-Apr-07 08:47:54] Contacting server to see if the license has been updated...
[2019-Apr-07 08:47:56] Server said: 20181118

Matt

Thanks for the log info. That helped me to understand what happened. There are two separate license keys from two separate purchases of a full license, one of which was never downloaded. To get this working you can generate a new key file using the license key in your most recent email. This will give you maintenance until April 3, 2020. It appears that you have overpaid, so we'll refund you the difference of course. We can go into more detail in private email.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

luvsmuzik

Unsure what to do next. I sent an email Monday.  ???

Oshyan

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 24, 2019, 04:36:45 PM
Unsure what to do next. I sent an email Monday.  ???

I see it, we'll get back to you shortly. Thanks for your patience.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

I am probably a lost cause, but did we ever send instructions on how to update past 4,3,23?

Oshyan

Unfortunately, in the pursuit of resolving the renewal/licensing issue, it seems we lost track of the original goal for you which was to get the Frontier version! I have emailed you directly with the link. You should also get a link to it when you use Check for Updates from within Terragen (on the Help or Application menu).

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Now I have installed latest Frontier 4 4 18,,,,Splash screen message in red ....unfortunately released after my maintenance expired, running in commercial mode blah blah......

Is this where I have to do a key file again?

Edit: Installed TG4 license key file...getting image size and maintenance agreement message.

Oshyan

Let's handle this through the support email. I'll reach out there shortly. Thanks!

- Oshyan