StahrWerld_ recent adventures

Started by bobbystahr, May 06, 2019, 03:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

just messing around...comment if you wish but I won't be going back on these...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

2 more....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Oh! Nice ones. And by the way - I also like these prehistoric plants. Dicroidium, right? ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

PcXT

Nice !
Even if I'm not capable of doing so well, may I suggest one thing ?
I think your greens don't feel natural enough (except in prehistoric forest), too much saturated. Like in heavy processed HDR pictures if you see what I mean.
On the beach cottage, the high forest is really cool, but the bushes could work better, what do you think ?

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on May 06, 2019, 05:15:13 PM
Oh! Nice ones. And by the way - I also like these prehistoric plants. Dicroidium, right? ;)

thanks, I believe it is.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 07, 2019, 01:51:25 AM
Nice set of works, Bobby.

thanks Ulco....wouldn't have done any of them if we had Spring weather here...it's been like 10 degrees C. lower than normal...sigh...
Kind of reverse inspiration heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: PcXT on May 07, 2019, 01:55:50 AM
Nice !
Even if I'm not capable of doing so well, may I suggest one thing ?
I think your greens don't feel natural enough (except in prehistoric forest), too much saturated. Like in heavy processed HDR pictures if you see what I mean.
On the beach cottage, the high forest is really cool, but the bushes could work better, what do you think ?

well for starters as you're relatively new here you'll likely not know I'm a functional colour blind dude and greens and reds are my area of horror.
And as well these are done deals as I mentioned and no re-dos are gonna happen..thanks for your interest though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Stormlord

Very nice... The Island scene "A Desolate Place" looks very cool!

May I ask you, why do you make so many scene instead of staying with one and make it looks as realistic as possible?
There is so much potential in your images Bobby. I've seen so many good starters from you!

STORMLORD

STORMLORD

PcXT

Quotewell for starters as you're relatively new here you'll likely not know I'm a functional colour blind dude and greens and reds are my area of horror.
And as well these are done deals as I mentioned and no re-dos are gonna happen..thanks for your interest though.

I didn't know for sure, my apologies.
I said that because the scenes are really well done and I thought I could help at my humble level.
(I really like the prehistoric forest !)

Hannes

Very nice images, Bobby!
I just had the idea of creating some sort of a color palette with natural green or brown tones with a description of the different colors for you and other color blind people where you just can pick up the color and use it in your scene. This might help avoiding these sometimes unnatural colors. Would that be of help?

Hannes

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 07, 2019, 08:56:10 AM
Actually I just did it and posted it in the file sharing section:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26527.new.html#new

Awesome hannes...you da best...this will be very helpful. I have a colour picker I use on google images to harvest colour but this will be way more useful....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New