True scale silhouettes of an average men with 1.80m

Started by Stormlord, May 06, 2019, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

Sometimes there is a problem with the scale of an imported mesh which originates from other software packages.
So a true scale as reference is needed to make it fit perfectly into your scene.
For this reason I have created six different true scale silhouettes of an average men with a height of 1.80 meter.

[attachimg=1]
This is how they all looks like together

Each single one of them is ready for import into Terragen as a true scale silhouette mesh (TGO's) with a height of 1.80m.
At the end of this post you will find them ready to download together with the TG 4.12 files for normal and alpha rendering.

[attachimg=2]
This cool guy is my favorite men (Pose 01)

[attachimg=3]
Some XFrog samples in comparison to the average Mr cool guy

So for now, all you have to do is to import your mesh (with sometimes an unknown scale) and compare it to this guy.
Please allow me to say thank you in this way and let me share my silhouettes with you.

I say thank you to this great forum and their admistrators.
Especially to all of you who already shared their scenes, clips, samples and  their knowledge THX!

STORMLORD

Stormlord

Example:
A fast fake stone test rendering makes it easy to find the right scale for your stones!

[attachimg=1]
Fake Stones (Desert scheme)

STORMLORD

Oshyan

bobbystahr

Cool share and a very helpful one...thanks very much.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Cool! Thanks. A few years ago I started to resize meshes to true scale before I import them to TG, which is a great timesaver. Nevertheless a reference mesh is very helpful.
I use to take the Xoio guys for reference.

Stormlord

Quote from: Hannes on May 07, 2019, 05:34:30 AM
Cool! Thanks. A few years ago I started to resize meshes to true scale before I import them to TG, which is a great timesaver. Nevertheless a reference mesh is very helpful.
I use to take the Xoio guys for reference.

@Hannes
Yes, I always lay an UVW-Map Modifier on the importet object in Max and resize it properly with scaling the Scene Units in 3DsMax.
By scaling just watch the data in the UVW-modifier. You can scale it absolutely precise this way.
After correct scaling I save the scaled model. Then I mix the scaled mesh into a new scene with my reference scale (Meter or Centimeter).
The just another saving and as a result remains a precise true scale mesh :-)

But often the problem is scaling for instance fake stones or tgo's (trees or bsuhes) from unknown sources.
With the silhouette you got a suitable true scale to make it fit properly in TG when other import options are impossible.
That's why the silhouettes.

STORMLORD

Asterlil

I recommend this. I've been using a Poser model in Blender and imported him to Terragen, but your silhouettes are more efficient than my guy Manny.

WAS

Thank you! This is handy. You can see immediately with the first xfrog plant that it's scale is too large, leaves being too large that is.

RichTwo

Thanks, Dirk!  It is true that many models are way out of "true" proportions, so this will be a very good aid in scaling.
They're all wasted!

Stormlord

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 08, 2019, 12:22:56 AM
Thank you! This is handy. You can see immediately with the first xfrog plant that it's scale is too large, leaves being too large that is.

The tree itself is true scaled according to the given scale in their brochure.

[attachimg=1]
I am wondering because XFrog created the tree this way?

STORMLORD