The smooth voronoi rocks seem to be a good approach,
just the small cells (fake stones?) crawling up in some
places put me off a little bit.
The cliffs are cool.

Agura Nata

Great works my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

Dune

Smooth voronoi works alright, but you still have to take care not to get nasty ridges when mixing. And masking the areas for (indeed) fake stones is a bit tricky.

Updated version 3.5 hours in PT. Lots of issues to tackle though, not perfect at all.

Oshyan

Ah, PT version sure does look nice though.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 29, 2019, 12:40:50 PM
Smooth voronoi works alright, but you still have to take care not to get nasty ridges when mixing. And masking the areas for (indeed) fake stones is a bit tricky.

Updated version 3.5 hours in PT. Lots of issues to tackle though, not perfect at all.

Looks a lot like the alpine peaks where the the subtler slopes are just piled with huge jagged and sharp boulders from the peaks wearing away.

Dune

Here's another version in 2 versions (one with gamma altered a bit from the exr).

archonforest

WOW! Love it. Only minor crit would be the dead tree model. They look pretty low polly/square-ish?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on July 31, 2019, 04:23:20 AM
WOW! Love it. Only minor crit would be the dead tree model. They look pretty low polly/square-ish?

Agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Still playing with cliffs and rocks...

j meyer

8) Nice cliffs.
Especially v12 test2 has very promising rocks.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on August 04, 2019, 01:58:44 AMStill playing with cliffs and rocks...

I feel you may have a similar issue I have. Work so long on some rocks that we eventually end back up with basic voronoi messes.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65

Test 1 looks great!
In Test 2 and 3 I miss a bit structure of the rocks on the right side.

But all versions absolutely worth trying that "like"-button ;)

Dune

Continued with v13, but it's pretty hard to get repetition out and get a decent variation in noises and image map squares. And above all, to keep the possibility to mask gullies from tops, mask the areas for certain rocks (altitude is not possible if cliffs are not of equal height) and use as little computes as possible (one in nr 11, two in nr 10).