Yesterday's Amusement

Started by bobbystahr, July 29, 2019, 02:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Just started messing with the terrain and this showed up. XFROG Incense Cedar foreground, distant trees are Dunes Swamp Cyprus and the grass is from Dune as well. C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Pretty nice start, but you'd have to get rid of the roughness and foam on the water. Left lower area is nice. Maybe add some huge rocks here and there, and some more variation in trees.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 29, 2019, 03:24:54 AM
Pretty nice start, but you'd have to get rid of the roughness and foam on the water. Left lower area is nice. Maybe add some huge rocks here and there, and some more variation in trees.

Agree re: the foamy water, a big FAIL there, and the rocks are an idea  I was thinking about. The colour vary in the trees didn't work all that well, for regular folks. Guess my eyes saw a bit more difference...good info and what I was after. Thanks.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 29, 2019, 09:24:27 AM
Agree re: the foamy water, a big FAIL there, and the rocks are an idea  I was thinking about. The colour vary in the trees didn't work all that well, for regular folks. Guess my eyes saw a bit more difference...good info and what I was after. Thanks.

... in this case I am curious about what will follow :)
Nice start and nice idea for a landscape.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Oshyan

I see color variation in the trees. I think more size/model variation would be better than more extreme color variation, personally. In nature, unless it's fall/color change time, most trees within the same species and area are actually quite similarly colored.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 29, 2019, 09:55:18 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 29, 2019, 09:24:27 AM

... in this case I am curious about what will follow :)
Nice start and nice idea for a landscape.

Blind luck Nils blind luck heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I changed the distant tree for a Japanese White Pine and it seems more appropriate, calmed the water and added some stone/rock stuff.
I also added a FlockOfBirds.tgo I got from someone here I'd guess. In the zip 's readme it asks for credit but doesn't include the artist's name, sigh. C&C still welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Way better, Bobby! Maybe decrease haze a bit...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 30, 2019, 09:14:30 AM
Way better, Bobby! Maybe decrease haze a bit...

Thanks Ulco, it's default but I had that feeling as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Acting on Dune's suggestion, and I did have it set at 2 so it's back at an acceptable default 1...I also moved a Japanese White Pine to the ground sticking thru the water and scaled the grass down a bit.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New