Old Coral by WASasquatch

Started by WAS, June 30, 2019, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here is some old coral I was forced to make due to a issue with a PBR just not looking right (approximated from bitmap).

It has a mix between a smooth version of the coral surface, and the rough version to simulate wear.  Hopefully it looks good at high resolutions, I haven't received a test image back yet so I'm not sure. There is quite a lot of low-level detail.

Stormlord

Very nice giveaway, THX!

STORMLORD

luvsmuzik

I know you do not care.....increased rough displacement to 10 and hole displacement to -0.25.
Render time 3 hours but lots of reflection in that sand....I turned on your shaders lol.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 06, 2019, 09:28:54 PMI know you do not care.....increased rough displacement to 10 and hole displacement to -0.25.
Render time 3 hours but lots of reflection in that sand....I turned on your shaders lol.
That's pretty cool, I like the shapes and it seems the maps all handled it nicely as I don't notice any immediate displacement tearing or hard edges.

PS I have a better sand reflection somewhere that is quicker and less wasteful. I'll try and locate it and share.

N-drju

Nice model indeed. If one knows how to simulate underwater, it could be very handy. Do you plan to add some more shapes too?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Quote from: N-drju on August 07, 2019, 04:54:14 AMNice model indeed. If one knows how to simulate underwater, it could be very handy. Do you plan to add some more shapes too?

It's currently just a surface texture I intended for beaches where old coral rocks and old reefs are eroding on the shoreline. But it could be applied to objects possibly. Though I'd think feeding it as a mesh displacer may be better though I am not sure as I have never been able to test the feature.