New Rock Scene

Started by bobbystahr, August 17, 2019, 10:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This started with an idea to use a suitable PBR .obj as an I sland, based on the pile of stones I found at Sketchfab. I should have put a scale item on the mainland as the weeds could be mistaken for trees..As the render is looong, 4+hours, I'll probably not redo it but will as always accept Comments & Critiques...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

This looks cool, Bobby. The lighting is beautiful, and the clouds look great!
Some crits: the tree looks way to large, the water is a bit too rough in my opinion, and the foreground is a bit dull. Maybe some added grass, and the plants could have some lean effect.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2019, 08:31:38 AMThis looks cool, Bobby. The lighting is beautiful, and the clouds look great!
Some crits: the tree looks way to large, the water is a bit too rough in my opinion, and the foreground is a bit dull. Maybe some added grass, and the plants could have some lean effect.
Thanks Hannes, got similar crit from Danny over at FB, Unfortunately I'd started the sunset update below before I got his wake up call and at the time these have taken (4+ and 5+ hrs each) they may have to await the Corsair for a redo.NewRockySceneSunset 5 28 50 AA3mpD.5.jpg
also it sort of represents how I feel of late; an old worn out tree on a rocky island with nada but rocks and young life starting out on the distant shore....and here's an update rendered over night.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Wow, the lighting in this second one is fantastic! I love the underside on these clouds!

j meyer

The second one is very nice and moody, great lighting. 8)

WAS

The lighting in both iterations is really nice, also love the rock island and tree idea.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2019, 09:32:11 AMWow, the lighting in this second one is fantastic! I love the underside on these clouds!
I as well so this is the version am working on. Replaced that tree with a de-foliated Turkey Oak and am working on the grass.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's another iteration.NewRockySceneLushBarren 3 14 14 AA3mpD.5.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New