Messin' with Mhaze's Rock Study

Started by RichTwo, August 21, 2019, 11:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Matt on August 24, 2019, 02:06:16 AM
Quote from: WAS on August 24, 2019, 01:18:03 AMSeems you're either not understanding what's clearly being conveyed or trying to play a weird deflection on technicalities because he didn't say it specifically by name "vegetation".  He was explaining why it's good for shadows, and why it's not really "needed" for landscapes, which I entirely disagree with and can see the benefits plain as day. Doesn't mean I'll always use it, cause, again, speed. But it is ofc better than SR.

There is no one single answer to how important PT is to landscapes. I have my views on the importance of PT, but they have to be tempered with the practical implications of rendering that way. Yes, I am getting into technicalities here because you said he was "negligent as all hell" and that what he said was full of "falsifiabilities". Ironically you then claimed he said things he didn't, which is just asking to be falsified. This is the first time I've done this on the forum because I have a lot of respect for the people here and we don't usually talk to each other like this. Do you want to continue or shall we stop it here?

Yep. I said he was negligent as all hell, not what he said. These are the failings in comprehension that lead to big misunderstandings. No where did I say "he" was negligent as hell. That, is a falsifiability.

And what he said most certainly is a about shadows in vegetation as per per the conversation. Otherwise what the hell is he talking about Matt? It's just like singling out ideas only one person said in another post and trying to say there is no relevance... Who are you trying to fool?

These are things that make Planetside look bad, and have nothing to do with me sticking to what's known about Path Tracing versus Planetsides interpretation, like many arguments. Really just unknowingly admitting why the software is held back...

And yeah, I'm done here. Keep your arrogance and ignorance.

I do love the way you try to sidetrack on weird technicalities to serve your purpose of winning a broader argument, such as the whole argument about there being no real benefit to scenes without vegetation. Which there is.  That's not a matter of a opinion when it comes to a software toting "photorealism" lmao. What peoples personal preference is, is irrelevant to the end goals of the Path Tracing renderers, unless you're doing something different?