Fantasy Terrain Scene

Started by bobbystahr, August 27, 2019, 06:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Just playing around in the Terrain Editor and found this spot...added a Broken Tower harvested from some game and shared online somewhere years ago..seemed to fit in. The tree is from XFROG
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Very nice one, right from the start. Water is cool, far mountains are great.

Hannes

Great image, Bobby! The terrain and the shaders are really nice. But the trees are orange, which looks a bit strange imho. I know, colors... ;)

torebernhoft

Quote from: Dune on August 28, 2019, 01:32:25 AMVery nice one, right from the start. Water is cool, far mountains are great.
Agree! Would be fun to see a version with a more purple or something in the grassy-area. To compliment the cool trees:)
Terragen 4 pro

torebernhoft

Quote from: Hannes on August 28, 2019, 04:53:20 AMGreat image, Bobby! The terrain and the shaders are really nice. But the trees are orange, which looks a bit strange imho. I know, colors... ;)
Hehe, yeah a strange fantasy world. I think adding more fantasy coloring to the surroundings would "de-strange" and balance it.
Terragen 4 pro

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 28, 2019, 04:53:20 AMGreat image, Bobby! The terrain and the shaders are really nice. But the trees are orange, which looks a bit strange imho. I know, colors... ;)
Odd that, they came that way, no tweaks there, hmm is my 'puter colour blind as well LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 28, 2019, 01:32:25 AMVery nice one, right from the start. Water is cool, far mountains are great.
Thanks Ulco...are the trees orange for you as well...? Weird comment from Hannes as I just loaded and popped em, no tweaks at all.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Just checked with Colour Spy and the trees are green on my computer monitor.

https://colour-spy.soft112.com/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

RichTwo

You had me at "fantasy terrain"...

What I like is that singular outcrop on the closest mountain.  

Heh - I thought you wanted the orange trees, being this a fantasy scene and all.  Fits in with the concept, you know.  But wow, if they are green on your monitor...
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Quote from: RichTwo on August 28, 2019, 11:35:42 AMYou had me at "fantasy terrain"...

What I like is that singular outcrop on the closest mountain. 

Heh - I thought you wanted the orange trees, being this a fantasy scene and all.  Fits in with the concept, you know.  But wow, if they are green on your monitor...
well that's what colour spy says...I'm as you may know am colour blind...are they orange for everyone?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

torebernhoft

Yes they are orange/red here too
Terragen 4 pro

bobbystahr

here's a screen crop...still orange?test colour.jpgtest colour.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

torebernhoft

Yes, still orange. As you see here the RGB value has a high 184 red value

colorSnap.PNG
Terragen 4 pro

mhaze

DocCharly65

Nice scene Bobby and beautiful water and mountains... but in fact here with orange trees too...  :-\ 

Idea... Just add a shop from "orange county choppers" and everything makes sense... if anyone asks - they repainted the trees for a show ;)