Fantasy Terrain Scene

Started by bobbystahr, August 27, 2019, 06:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 29, 2019, 09:51:50 AMNice scene Bobby and beautiful water and mountains... but in fact here with orange trees too...  :-\

Idea... Just add a shop from "orange county choppers" and everything makes sense... if anyone asks - they repainted the trees for a show ;)
ha ha ha, maybe...my computer doesn't like the net it seems....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Anyone know how this happened as you can see with the Colour Spy tests I did it's most surely Green?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 30, 2019, 01:32:12 PMAnyone know how this happened as you can see with the Colour Spy tests I did it's most surely Green?
I'd say no! ;D ;D ;D Actually it's completely orange.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 30, 2019, 02:06:31 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 30, 2019, 01:32:12 PMAnyone know how this happened as you can see with the Colour Spy tests I did it's most surely Green?
I'd say no! ;D ;D ;D Actually it's completely orange.
the trees Hannes, or the colour spy screen grabs?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

From what info in the Color Spy tool are you concluding that it is green? If you have a learned understanding of the HSL/HSV values and how they correspond to named colors, I guess you could draw a conclusion that's not explicitly presented in the UI. Although the low Hue value does also show that it is red because the spectrum traditionally begins and ends with red. But otherwise I don't see any info suggesting it's a specific color, do you?

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on August 31, 2019, 06:05:56 PMFrom what info in the Color Spy tool are you concluding that it is green? If you have a learned understanding of the HSL/HSV values and how they correspond to named colors, I guess you could draw a conclusion that's not explicitly presented in the UI. Although the low Hue value does also show that it is red because the spectrum traditionally begins and ends with red. But otherwise I don't see any info suggesting it's a specific color, do you?

- Oshyan
The thing is they're image mapped leaves and look green in Colour Spy and in Photoshop when I open the render in that and use it's colour picker...not a mystery the, colourblind ie: me, can solve I'm afraid.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

I'm confused 😄 Again: what *specifically* is it that makes you call it "green"?? Color Spy does not seem to show anything that says "green". Photoshop also doesn't label colors in that way. Are you looking at RGB or HSV/HSL values and concluding a named color based on your knowledge of those values as associated with colors you've seen before? Or am I missing something else?

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on September 02, 2019, 01:52:50 PMI'm confused 😄 Again: what *specifically* is it that makes you call it "green"?? Color Spy does not seem to show anything that says "green". Photoshop also doesn't label colors in that way. Are you looking at RGB or HSV/HSL values and concluding a named color based on your knowledge of those values as associated with colors you've seen before? Or am I missing something else?

- Oshyan
Specifically, to my eyes it looks green not orange or any shade of red. When a normal stops by I'll have them look at it on my computer and see what colour they see heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Well this is a fairly extensive re-work. Traded out that other tree for the free Umberella Magnolia from XFROG and added 2 Dune grass pops. Turned off Ambient Occlusion in SD as it was killing the tower's texture...maybe contributing to the odd colour aberration?
Changed the clouds as they were too milquetoast for a fantasy scene of this nature. All pops are colour varied and look good to me but my colour problem is sometime problematic.
When I was a married leather artist my wife (R I P) selected all my dyes and labeled them in English; and I always had her check on a test piece before I proceeded. Still miss her.
I might do a closer  shot of the tower as well...it has interesting stuff goin' on.

C&C is cool
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Dune

Oh yeah! Has this water area a softish simple shape base? If so, you could breakup the edges a bit to give the cliffs a more eroded look.

N-drju

What I find impressive here is that the water looks very realistic. Seriously...

Bloom (is that what it's called?) is a nice addition too. Maybe a tad less of it though.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 03, 2019, 01:40:28 AMOh yeah! Has this water area a softish simple shape base? If so, you could breakup the edges a bit to give the cliffs a more eroded look.
Unfortunately the water is the lake object just dropped in. I tend to do that to isolate an area of interest to render. Were it not for my ADD attitude I might re try it but am off on another tangent...soon as I get back from my music session today. If I do get back to it...I could maybe add some displacements at the water's edge with a Painted shader as a mask to do that breakup. Thanks for the input Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on September 03, 2019, 04:57:46 AMWhat I find impressive here is that the water looks very realistic. Seriously...

Bloom (is that what it's called?) is a nice addition too. Maybe a tad less of it though.
Thanks, well pleased with the water, rare that I am but this worked out well. Yeah that's Bloom, and actually it's just dialed back from the initial render as it was part of what I saw off in the first try.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New