Landscape 08-26-2019

Started by AP, August 26, 2019, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

This project is a work in progress. Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Dune

Trees are looking great, as is diversity and balance of it all. It's all very bluish/cool though, so I would at least add some warmer tones. And maybe a path leading through the thinner part of the wood on the right, leading the eye, or some big stones at front. Something to focus on. Maybe some more ground cover variation.

DocCharly65

I could not add anything to Ulcos suggestions. A bit foreground variation and warm Colors as breakup... all the rest look already great and natural!

Hannes

Echo both. There is great potential. Is the slightly blueish tint postwork?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 28, 2019, 05:07:26 AMEcho both. There is great potential. Is the slightly blueish tint postwork?
ditto
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

I made some minor changes based on the various suggestions. I am thinking about adding some stones. The slightly blueish tint is not postwork and is intentional.

bobbystahr

Quote from: AP on August 28, 2019, 07:53:14 PMI made some minor changes based on the various suggestions. I am thinking about adding some stones. The slightly blueish tint is not postwork and is intentional.
In that case cool effect.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

I made some major changes and decided to add a mountain with some fog. I think this project may be finished?

Oshyan

I find all the trees rather a bit blue-tinted somehow, but otherwise I really like this scene. :)

- Oshyan

AP

Quote from: Oshyan on September 10, 2019, 07:17:04 PMI find all the trees rather a bit blue-tinted somehow, but otherwise I really like this scene. :)

- Oshyan
The blue-tinted trees are intentional, but I can change the trees to look more green-tinted.

AP

bobbystahr

I liked the blue tinted version better but this is good as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: AP on September 10, 2019, 05:05:32 PMI made some major changes and decided to add a mountain with some fog. I think this project may be finished?
This is so pretty!  In the midwest USA we have blue spruce pine, looks great to me. ;D

AP

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 14, 2019, 10:27:45 AMI liked the blue tinted version better but this is good as well.
I plan on using more blue tinted vegetation for another project. Thank you.

AP

Quote from: luvsmuzik on September 14, 2019, 10:39:40 AM
Quote from: AP on September 10, 2019, 05:05:32 PMI made some major changes and decided to add a mountain with some fog. I think this project may be finished?
This is so pretty!  In the midwest USA we have blue spruce pine, looks great to me. ;D
Thank you. Yes, the Colorado Blue Spruce and there also is the Engelmann Spruce.