bog pathway

Started by Dune, September 06, 2019, 01:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

bobbystahr

Gorgeous lighting and over all image...just what we've come to expect from you sir! Very painterly.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Oshyan

Indeed, lovely light. Very painterly.

- Oshyan

otakar

Oh you changed it from the last version, too bad you can't show the whole thing finished. It's very nice.

Dune

I can, but with watermark, and not the entire 6600px.

luvsmuzik

good grief child, I had not visited your gallery recently.......BRAVO!

mhaze

Just seen the final - beautiful!

zaxxon

The lighting is superb! Worthy of a Dutch Master.

Dune

Thanks guys. Here's the final (though reduced and with watermark). Client was happy :)

bobbystahr

A masterful work as always Ulco...it shows often that you were first a painter in your excellent composition sense. Thanks for sharing this with us mere amateurs
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Thanks for posting. Why is it so noisy though? Something happened when downsampling?

Dune

Noisy? You mean the white dots below? They are cottongrass  ;)

René

Beautiful with that golden light!

Oshyan

Quote from: Dune on September 24, 2019, 11:32:02 AMNoisy? You mean the white dots below? They are cottongrass  ;)
No, he's right, it's quite "jagged" actually. Look at the grasses in the lower part of the image, for example. I would guess it's simply due to a non-ideal downsampling algorithm since this came from a full 6k image. It's virtually impossible for the image at this size to actually be noisy if it's been downsampled well. If you resized it in e.g. Photoshop, make sure you're not using Linear for resampling. Try Bicubic instead. Better yet use XnView and "Lanczos".

- Oshyan