dancing spaceSuit

Started by KyL, October 31, 2019, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyL

I bought this asset yesterday, and after working on its shading I thought it would be more interesting to have it doing something else than standing in T pose so... here it is :P

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sooo cool!! Put him on the moon!

KyL

Here you go:
tgout-012 13m29s v4.4.43.0.jpg

Sadly, this suit wasn't designed for space walk so he is probably buried in moon dust by now
:(

Dune

;D ;D ;D  That is an awesome sequence! Anything particular you are going to use this for?

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KyL

Quote from: Dune on November 01, 2019, 03:07:23 AM;D ;D ;D  That is an awesome sequence! Anything particular you are going to use this for?
Yes this is for a scene I am working on. He won't be dancing though but that was too hard to resist!

j meyer

DocCharly65

Oh my god... how cool! ;D  ;D  ;D

Did you get the animation already done or only the model and animated by yourself it in mixamo?
I'm working on something similar with my borg-queen suit since some months too but rigging and animating it is not so easy as I thought.
Hope I can show you a lowres preview in the coming weeks.

But yours is already great!

KyL

I just brought the model in Mixamo to try it out without hoping much but the results turned out great! There was no skeleton so I used the auto-rig feature. I am pretty sure you can use it as a base and adjust it yourself, for example just export a T pose and you will have you model with a default rig ready to animate.

DocCharly65

Yes I understand. I do it the same way. It strongly depends on the quality of the original model, the "original" T-Pose and how exact you manage to position the markers. I really love that tool :)

Dune

I guess you need a one-piece model for Mixamo? Not a model with separate clothes covering a body, and such...

KyL

No it doesn't matter. Both worked for me.

Dune

Ah, that's good to know. Have to try it some time.

luvsmuzik

Somehow I missed this one! Great btw!

Just found Mixamo, have uploaded a couple of obj and converted to fbx animations, downloaded AutoDesk fbx converter and converted back to obj and exported obj animation sequence and now forgot how to load the sequence into Terragen....I remember there is some 4% wording...... :)help

KyL

yes, try with yourObjectName.%04d.obj