Icy Mountain

Started by RogueNZ, December 08, 2019, 06:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueNZ

I'm going to be away for the next few weeks, so I thought I'd share this seeing as I have spent so much time on it. Still a few things I'd like to add and improve but I've also nearly hit a wall, been round in circles too many times... I might share some of the different iterations at a later date.

Not my normal style, but I wanted to see if I could do something fantasy themed.

Gaea terrain with details and surfacing done in Terragen. Non-path traced (working on a path traced version for the ice, but render times are painful). Had to render the foreground as a separate pass as for some reason with the clouds the snow would turn a dark grey (even though the snow on the mountains was white).

Also thanks to WAS for his stress cracks shader!

gasbutan

luvsmuzik

Beautiful! this is one I think the filter starburst would enhance the little blue circles in the icy patches and I for one wish this could be added after render like in paint programs or Blender effects. You are posting some terrific renders! Thanks!

CredePendrel

Wow! What a mountain! Awesome job.

cyphyr

Great work!
very ...
"Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east."
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

That lighting is really cool! And the mountain is certainly well detailed.

mhaze

Oshyan

Gorgeous lighting indeed!

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Overall a beautiful image with gorgeous lighting. There are a few spots of odd blue "sparkles" in the foreground ice which look out of place.
The blue is too bright/light and there are a few tiny pale red/orange spots as well, (presumably sky reflections) but they are too small and intense.

RogueNZ

Cheers for the comments, agree about the odd highlights on the ice and hope to have an improved version out soon

DocCharly65

Impressing view and impressing mood! Like :)

Antoine

Great atmospheric effect, very realistic !