loading image map sequence into image map shader

Started by Mariae, February 19, 2020, 05:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariae

Hello Guys,
I have a question, perhaps you can help me..?
I'm working with Terragen 4.4.48 Professional and try to load an .jpg Image sequence into an Image map shader.
My sequence goes from "Wassermaske_0001.jpg" to "Wassermaske_0019.jpg", so I named it
"Wassermaske_%04d.jpg" like a post from 2009 in this forum.
But it does't work. I get the problem report: 

Wassermaske_%04d.jpg 
File not found.
Check file name and try again.

But Why? 

Is there any way to load an image sequence in an image map shader?

Thank's an d best regards

Maria

Matt

Hi Maria, welcome to the forum!

This should work. But I'm not familiar with that exact error message. Where was that error shown?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Ah, I see. You won't be able to enter that filename into the Open File dialog. You'll need to select one of the files first, and then manually replace the filename in the edit box in the Image Map Shader properties. You can type Wassermaske_%04d.jpg into the field directly but it's a bit awkward because it will try to load the file after each character that you type. To avoid this, I would copy the name Wassermaske_%04d.jpg from a text file and paste into that field.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

Hmm, it seems everything is correct. The only thing I could imagine is, that the frame number in TG (down to the left, next to the little clock symbol) is at 0 or higher than 19, so TG can't find the appropriate frame in your image sequence.
Is the message "can't locate file..."?

Dune

I had a similar error when loading a geotiff/dem (but in normal image map shader); there was a % in the name, taking it out did load it.

Hannes

What Matt said. I wrote my post before I read Matt's.

cyphyr

Also ... if your render is set to anything other than frames 1 - 19 the loader will be looking for files that don't exist.
So make sure your render frame number matches the image number that you want loaded.

Ah ... Just read the complete thread and this is the same as what Hannes is saying.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mariae

Hello Matt, Hannes and cyphyr,

yes, now it work's! :D :D :D 
Thanks a lot!!!!
Actually simple, but I would never have thought of that!

I'm working with terragen 4 for a few weeks and i'm excited! A great tool!

Thank you very much!

Maria