Best practices for camera movements within TG

Started by WAS, April 26, 2020, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Do you import camera paths, or do you do it within Terragen itself? Also I was curious if you exported cameras along a rail from another program, can you sequence those imports? Just trying to plan some things. I find it a little cumbersome doing paths in TG but maybe I don't know the best methods.

KyL

Usually I export whatever terrain/geo I have as FBX from terragen so I can have the geo in Maya, scale it by 0.001 to match Maya's scale and animate from there. Using a curve and animate the Camera with a motion path works great. FBX import works great with cameras and you can have a perfect match.

Also best practice would be to duplicate your camera, parent it to itself and bake all its keyframes before exporting an FBX for Terragen.

But I am not sure what you mean by "sequence those imports"?

WAS

Quote from: KyL on April 27, 2020, 09:22:44 AMUsually I export whatever terrain/geo I have as FBX from terragen so I can have the geo in Maya, scale it by 0.001 to match Maya's scale and animate from there. Using a curve and animate the Camera with a motion path works great. FBX import works great with cameras and you can have a perfect match.

Also best practice would be to duplicate your camera, parent it to itself and bake all its keyframes before exporting an FBX for Terragen.

But I am not sure what you mean by "sequence those imports"?

Oh ok, that makes sense. I wonder what the scales would be fore blender. I haven't really tested. I know a 10k terrain took awhile to load and was massive haha.

Also the import thing is cause I saw there was a import tab for camera daya, I was curious if you had a bunch of cameras exported (rather than camera movements) if you could sequence those camera imports for each frame.