WIP- Jo Kariboo

Started by Jo Kariboo, June 13, 2020, 10:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Thank you all for your suggestions.I still have time to try another focal length with image 2, just to see.

Jo Kariboo

with veg.

vegetations: Ulco and XFrog

Jo Kariboo

suite with clouds

Jo Kariboo

suite n.8

Jo Kariboo

suite n.9

N-drju

Looks like you have changed the concept! Number 3 would be my choice. Number 9 has a rather strange shading to be perfectly honest.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I'd go for no.8. With some extra work on the foreground.

Barefoots

Quote me as saying I was misquoted

Jo Kariboo

Thanks Barefoots.

@N-drju, Honestly I don't really have a concept but more a series of ideas that I'm trying to elevate above draft brain storming. I have less motivation than in the past to finish them but enough to try. I recently tried to improve image 3 but by fixing a strange problem of shadow in the snow the cliff face has lost interest.

@Dune, I'll try to enhance image 8. I have Sunday off, but that doesn't give me much time.
Otherwise I'm still interested in picture 5 or it will be picture 8 as it is.

mhaze

Hetzen

8 and 5 are my favourites too. Both great images. Just a bit of planting on the nearer hills?

KlausK

I think No 8 is transporting the idea of "Travelers" perfectly.
Like Masonspappy wrote the huge mountainrange and the tiny motorhome go together very well.
That`s a long journey they are on. Not just your average 2 week vacation.
This picture is telling a story about adventure, learning, dedication, companionship.
To me No 5 is not really up to the level quality of the 2nd series of pictures.
In comparison:
My impression is more a kind of being left behind, lonely. The sailing ship is leaving rather than arriving.

If I have it right thinking of renders you posted your talent seems to be right at home with these large
mountainranges spanning across the whole field of view. But who am I to judge :P.

Which ever render you choose - Good luck!
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Jo Kariboo

A big thanks mhaze and Hetzen for comments and suggestions!

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: KlausK on July 05, 2020, 06:22:52 PMI think No 8 is transporting the idea of "Travelers" perfectly.
Like Masonspappy wrote the huge mountainrange and the tiny motorhome go together very well.
That`s a long journey they are on. Not just your average 2 week vacation.
This picture is telling a story about adventure, learning, dedication, companionship.
To me No 5 is not really up to the level quality of the 2nd series of pictures.
In comparison:
My impression is more a kind of being left behind, lonely. The sailing ship is leaving rather than arriving.

If I have it right thinking of renders you posted your talent seems to be right at home with these large
mountainranges spanning across the whole field of view. But who am I to judge :P.

Which ever render you choose - Good luck!
CHeers, Klaus
KlausK your comment is clear and highly appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have time to improve the n.8 image but I chose it for the contest anyway. Thanks again for taking the time to say what you think.

sboerner

Agree with others about the sense of scale and majesty here. Glad I am not judging this contest, there are so many outstanding entries. Good luck with this.