travelin' fast

Started by zaxxon, July 06, 2020, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Final image. Inspired by a journey deep into the Black Rock Desert along the Applegate Trail in Nevada USA

Travelin' Fast_reduced.jpg

j meyer

Another fine landscape of yours.
Good luck.

Dune

Terrific piece, typical Doug Quality! Very realistic, powerful sky, etc. Good luck!

Jo Kariboo

Superb in every detail once again. The light as well as the movement of the horses are perfect. Good luck!

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Ariel DK

I can really feel the sensation of that place. good work, and good luck!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

sboerner

Holy smokes, this is nice. Great composition and sense of just being there. Good luck.

Hetzen

masonspappy

Wow - that is great realism!

Barefoots

Excellent work. Love the sense of movement you have captured.
Quote me as saying I was misquoted

Kadri

Very nice work. Good luck.
Can you say anything about the texturing of the horses?
They look very good for a Terragen render (is it rendered in Terragen?).

zaxxon

Hey Kadri, yes, it's all rendered in Terragen. Catmull Rom filter, path traced, 6.5 mp/6 AA. The Horses are from DAZ (Horse 2). There are three different surface texture sets; Bay, Gray, Black. I just used the diffuse maps. I was going to create some additional map types (the DAZ horse only comes with two maps - unless you buy the 'iray' pack), but the results seemed okay, so I left them as is. The image 'benefits' from all of the 'dust' and lit haze, so the horses get some 'back-lighting' and 'glow'. This is my first try at these horses, and I'm fairly pleased with the results. DAZ Studio is a clunky beast (but it is free), and the Horse 2 has a nice rig set-up (even though the constraints are too restricted imo). I'll put up a break-down of the image on Artstation in a couple of days. Thanks for your kind words!

KyL

Epic!

This looks very natural, I love the lighting. You really captured the feeling of those wild spaces, congrats!

mhaze