Population not where expected

Started by Valentina, August 18, 2020, 07:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valentina

Hi.. It's me again... (sorry)
I'm working on a scene quite simple, but a couple of things are not in my confort zone, (very easy for you indeed) and I'm experiencing some wrong behaviours. As you can see in the image, I'm not able to let my population work.. if you look at the white dots, it arranges correctly, as the surface layer says, but it's kind of 'offset' from the general shape of the island. Rocks, if I look only at them, draw the walls of the island, but in an another position. I've done some search, and tried what I could think of, but with no result. Hope you can help me, thank you
Valentina
EDIT:
I've put the warp node before the first compute terrain and rocks now show up correctly, but they go 'below' the other 2 displacement shader.. so I can see them in the right place if I disable the 2 displ shader (cliff and strata), but I don't see them anymore if I enable them.

ImagePost.png
ImagePost.pngImagePost2.png

Hetzen

It's not a bad idea to put a Compute Terrain with a small patch size at the end of your network that only feeds populations. There you can cache them once you've worked your displacements out.

Valentina

Thank you, really. It worked. And it's now part of my workflow.