Windblown grasses

Started by Dune, August 19, 2020, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some simple ZBrush grasses in low poly version (for distance) and high poly version. Windblown. You can make several combinations and restricted rotations (say 0-160º), and/or rotated base object, for different effects.
They are kind of pointy, but there's also an opacity mask.

Files won't all fit in one post, so will be continued hereafter. Put all in one folder.

For these two tests I sized the instances 0.5-1X and rotated both pops max 160º. Instance distance was 1.25m. If you reduce the grasses size to more lawngrass-size, that should be decreased as well, of course.

Enjoy!

Dune

Next...

Dune

Next...

Hannes

Fantastic!! Thanks a lot, Ulco!

sboerner

Thanks, Ulco! These will be very useful.

pclavett

Thank you so much Ulco for sharing !
Paul

luvsmuzik

Is there supposed to be a grass opacity tiff included in these files? Or are you using the jpg files shown? I will try that. How would I get rid of the pesky error message if that works? Can I resave as a new tgo? Talking to meself always helps.... :)

masonspappy

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I render the TGO's there is nothing there. Although I do see them in preview screen.  I'm running TG 4.1.24, not sure if that makes a difference.

Dune

The opacity mask is in one of the zips. If you unzip all in one folder it should work, as they all call the same opacity tif (no jpg). The TG version won't make a difference.
The opacity mask is basically just a white standing triangle on small black square. If you don't want to use it the grass still looks good enough. You can make all sorts of changes within and save as tgo again.
Let me check on my other machine what happens when I unpack what I posted. I wanted to post as tgo's, but some are too heavy.

Btw. if anyone wants a specific version, let me know; they are very easy to make.

Dune

Seems like I forgot to include the opacity mask. It's a .tif, but I renamed to .jpg in order to be able to post it. So, rename it again to .tif and put in same folder!

mhaze

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on August 20, 2020, 05:36:50 PMNot sure what I'm doing wrong. When I render the TGO's there is nothing there. Although I do see them in preview screen.  I'm running TG 4.1.24, not sure if that makes a difference.

Maybe just reload object from object editor making it your path to object instead of Dune's?
Resave tgo file and reopen file after this usually does the trick. :)

Dune

There was nothing because the opacity mask missed. But it's uploaded above now. Just rename into .tif and add to grasses folder.