Holes in Terrain - Was a Fix Ever Found

Started by WAS, January 17, 2021, 02:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Was a fix ever found to help remedy these at render time? In some instances like in shadow, they kinda ruin the scene letting streaks of light in and stuff.

Tangled-Universe

You can have a totally gap-free geo with "force all adges" enabled and the other 3 options disabled. Though you may not like disabling "fully adaptive" since that allows you to increase polygon size over distance.
I figured this out when exporting geo for an external project. There I set up a camera with orthographic view, thus fully adaptive not being important.
Another important finding was that with multi-threading you get many overlapping edges/vertices (can't remember which exactly) at bucket boundaries, thus I had to render the micro exporter images in single-threaded mode.
At least it gave me gap-free geo for export, but whether if this is useful for rendering a fully detailed scene with all the bells and whistles I doubt heavily.
Perhaps you can try enabled force all edges and increase displacement tolerance?
You have probably tried that already...

WAS

Thanks so much! I was doing a bit of a cave thing and it was starting to look great, save for thr streaks of light from holes on the walls
😂