Today`s Doodle

Started by KlausK, August 07, 2021, 05:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

...as the title says.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

mhaze

Excellent! Interesting light and terrain.

Dune

I don't know what to comment. The long shadows in the atmo are interesting, but it's very dark! I think picking out a mountain peak and render it more close up with these shadows would be more interesting.

KlausK

This one started out with a crater object and ended up like this. I like the wavy forms, but it`s by no means a very elaborate landscape.
Just to post something again, more or less. A little bit of spamming so to speak...

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

The cloud formation is kind of foreboding. And it's good to post something now and again. far too quiet here.

KlausK

The clouds are a few nodes in the Background shader only. Not real clouds. I have not found out how to fill the entire "Background" with the textures.
Other than that I used a 9mm wide angle lens to really force the perspektive. The 50mm version looks even more boring then this :P . And the vignette was post.
(I am not very often in TG, doing other things...the lack of inspriation and motivation is rather obvious to myself) But I`ll keep trying ;D ??? ;D 

Anyway, it is always very nice to see all the great work some of you post.

CHeers, Klaus

KlausK

Tranquility - Symmetry - Concentric Circles - The Center

This one is a bit more worked out.
A simple terrain.
There is only the "Basic Shader feeding into a "Default Shader"`s Main and Color input.
The scenes "watery" effect is done by rather high Metalness (0.8) setting, Fresnel reflectivity at 2,
a light lime green Fresnel reflection tint colour and a low roughness value (0.125) in the "Default Shader".
Atmosphere / Haze Density is set to 1, Blue Sky Density to 2.5.
Suns Elevation at 5, Strenght at 20. Soft Shadows at 4 and a Visible disc with a Angular diameter of 3.
No post. That`s it.

The only thing that bothers me are the stripes at the horizon. They are clearly visible in the alpha.
No idea where they come from.

CHeers, Klaus

WAS

They seem to be present in the render too. Is there any other displacement on the planet besides the dimple?

KlausK

No. Just the dimple.
It seems to be the Atmosphere and the Reflection of the surface.
Changing colours reduces its visibility.

CHeers, Klaus

Dune

Cool effect.

The stripes are most likely caused by the reflectivity of the default shader. If you would add a real RT reflective shader, they would probably not be there.
I had the same in my experiments when faking water reflections with high metalness in default shader.

KlausK

Thanks Dune.

I changed the colouring of the Haze and upped the Quality settings a bit. That helped (- enough -).
Another slighty darker version. The stripes are still there, but barely noticible.

CHeers, Klaus

DocCharly65

That looks somehow creepy and cool at the same time! Interdimensional vortex on the sea... Great!

KlausK

Hopefully a happier New Year for all of us in 2022! Keep going ;) CHeers, Klaus

Dune

Thanks Klaus. You too, have a creative and healthy 2022.

I like the play of the cloud shadows over what almost seems like ancient manmade structures. Nice.

KlausK