Ancient Coast

Started by Dune, December 12, 2021, 02:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

Your Node Network is a little bit complicated... but only a little Ulco!

STORMLORD
(I never ever constructed such a Node-Monster)

WAS

Love what you're doing with the protected reef area. It's funny I was just looking at these shapes while watching my kids pokemon junior videos. They have these series where Mewtwo chases Mew over different landscapes and old abandoned places in Japan, where they also putting in pokemon into the real world hiding about and doing their Pokemon things.

(Around 0:57 and 2:38)

WAS

Lady of the Lake

Node monster indeed.  Makes my head spin!!!!

Dune

If you name each node, it isn't that complicated, especially not if you build yourself. You know the logic behind it. But it's a pity one needs so many nodes to make a simple reef scene, though I think it can be simpler.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on December 17, 2021, 02:13:30 AMIf you name each node, it isn't that complicated, especially not if you build yourself. You know the logic behind it. But it's a pity one needs so many nodes to make a simple reef scene, though I think it can be simpler.

This is where I'd like more voronoi formulas like F1 in TG, and the exponent of Minkowski formula exposed (also a F1 Minkowski, one thing people complain about with Blender is they want the Minkowski in F1 so they can make it smoother). Also randomness exposed too.

For example, a a inverted voronoi F1 with lower randomness would be perfect for the cell structures and then just needs some warping to bring in the shapes paths to make it more organic.

Dune