Maria EST Atoll

Started by pixelpusher636, January 16, 2022, 04:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

Indeed! Looks very promising. Very quick test to get a feel for what they do. Here is a gif to frame the changes.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

You have to realize you shouldn't go outside the 0-1 range for the constants (or PF colors). I think 0.5 is no change in either, but 0.1 is already a pretty extreme shift, and 0.9 as well.

Here's a quick testing setup. Just slide the mergers to see what happens and enable or disable the group to see what the PF does.

pixelpusher636

Very cool! Thank you Dune! I shall take this for a spin this evening.

WAS

Cool shares! There is probably so much we could do with these sorts of shader. Here is an example of self-based bias using the power scalar.

The self biasing here basicaly hardens the darks, but also creates a smoothing effect where it transitions to black a bit.

A note: The Bias scalar, and some others I believe, clamp to 0-1, so you'll want to do any noise multiplication after a bias. But to that effect, you can similarly use the Colour Adjust Shader and use Gamma to do a sort of bias effect. And if you unclamp it, the bias effect isn't clamped like with the bias shader.

pixelpusher636

Quote from: WAS on January 19, 2022, 03:25:07 PMCool shares! There is probably so much we could do with these sorts of shader. Here is an example of self-based bias using the power scalar.

The self biasing here basicaly hardens the darks, but also creates a smoothing effect where it transitions to black a bit.

A note: The Bias scalar, and some others I believe, clamp to 0-1, so you'll want to do any noise multiplication after a bias. But to that effect, you can similarly use the Colour Adjust Shader and use Gamma to do a sort of bias effect. And if you unclamp it, the bias effect isn't clamped like with the bias shader.
Indeed! WAS this yet another great use. These tools indeed seem to have many possibilities. I don't think the phrase "Barely Scratched the surface" can apply in TG with such a vast toolbox.

Dune

Possibilities are endless.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 20, 2022, 02:29:18 AMPossibilities are endless.

That's cool! At first glance of the thumb, I thought they were deer tracks haha..

pclavett

Very original design and those renders are awesome ! Nice work !

pixelpusher636

Thank pclavett! WAS I thought the same thing, deer tracks. Dune this looks like another fun and informative playstation. Thanks for the share!