Today`s Doodle

Started by KlausK, August 07, 2021, 05:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

I added a 3rd layer of Easyclouds to the mix - and was quite surprised to see that render time jumped from about 1 hour to almost 5! hours!
On the other hand the Alpha channel of the render shows why. Very fine detail and softness overall.
Almost as if I had used Depth of field or a Gaussian Blur.
A little case study...

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Easy clouds are slower than using 'normal' v3 clouds, but more sophisticated. It depends on what you want. I usually stick with v3 (and v2 for overall or distant) clouds and make my own parameters and mixes.

KlausK

A view from above.

Here I tried to combine two planets with each a atmosphere. I struggled mostly to get the graininess out of the overlapping atmospheres.
The greenish hills raised up when I set the "Coverage" value of a combining "Surface Layer" very high, in this case to 100.
Accidental find.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Interesting, and some great clouds. Graininess, I wish there were a simple way to just blur whatever is grainy at rendertime.

KlausK

@Dune - thx.

Back to normal, so to speak.
One planet, one cloud layer v3 and some global cirrus clouds. Became a little bit to much of a "Dark Sky".

The second picture shows the same scenery but as a more friendly "Blue Sky".
The hills are normal now. Surface Layer Cover = 1.

I did make a new thread for the second picture because I thought I got the cloudscape rather nicely and grain free.
There you can find the original rendered 4K version of landscape.

CHeers, Klaus

Kadri

Nice. I like "KlausK_ViewFromAbove_45m50s-v4.5.71.jpg" especially.

KlausK