If Santa were real (which he obviously is)

Started by JimB, December 16, 2007, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Virex

Who knows, there might be a wormhole hidden in everyone's chimney?

sonshine777

Quote from: Virex on December 18, 2007, 05:32:55 AM
Who knows, there might be a wormhole hidden in everyone's chimney?

Something like a mini "Stargate". I think your onto something here. ;D

Will

Virex

Hmm, a wormhole would explain where all my socks and pencils go...

Will

Cyber-Angel

Wormholes (Theoretical objects that they are) can I ask how you'd be able to control the gravitational shear force so that the chimney dose not implode? Even if Santa used wormholes, that still dose not account for what people have said and that been his ability to visit all the worlds homes in on evening he still has to obey the law of Quantum Mechanics that states "Two objects Cannot Occupy the Same Space At the Same Time" therefore he can not have the ability to "Dimension  Shift" that is to appear to an observer to become multiples of the same object that can merge back into a single whole again and negates the possibility of any sort of time-travel which is allowed under Special Relativity.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

Will

sonshine777

Can anyone say "Clones", and a stargate of course. ;D

Virex

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on December 18, 2007, 07:15:45 PM
Wormholes (Theoretical objects that they are) can I ask how you'd be able to control the gravitational shear force so that the chimney dose not implode?
The gravitational shear only needs to be very local. To be presise, a gravtationall field shaped as a sledge would be enough. Outside of the wormhole area, the gravity can be negated by using exotic matter with a negative mass. This kind of matter is already needed to keep the wormhole open. Though the production of sufficient quantities of exotic matter to negate the gravitationall pull might be a problem, as is logistic. These problems however are nothing compared to the massive energy required to bend time around the sledge in such a way that Santa can do it without wormholes.
Even if Santa used wormholes, that still dose not account for what people have said and that been his ability to visit all the worlds homes in on evening he still has to obey the law of Quantum Mechanics that states "Two objects Cannot Occupy the Same Space At the Same Time" therefore he can not have the ability to "Dimension  Shift" that is to appear to an observer to become multiples of the same object that can merge back into a single whole again and negates the possibility of any sort of time-travel which is allowed under Special Relativity.
He only needs to be at one place at the same time. If he could direct a part of the gravitationall field used to create the wormhole into all living rooms, the resulting time dialation would give him more then enough "time" to visit all homes on one evening.

Sethren

Gotta be carefull with poor ol' saint nick. There is the real Santa and then there are poor imitations (Clones) which at times can be very bad imitations. If enough clones are made then some are bound to go haywire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TduS-tD4Wk

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Virex on December 28, 2007, 02:12:27 PM
He only needs to be at one place at the same time. If he could direct a part of the gravitationall field used to create the wormhole into all living rooms, the resulting time dialation would give him more then enough "time" to visit all homes on one evening.

This would still produce gravitational instability at the event horizon of the wormhole and again trigger an implosion unless you had total control over the formation of the wormhole and had a way where the wormhole intersects with walls of the chimney you had away making them have an opposing anti-gravity force moving toward normal gravity toward the center of the wormhole is (The tunnel opening) and I am not sure that you can control gravity in that manner, or at least not unless your at least a type five civilization  if at all, I don't think the physics has a model for this yet.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.