Dose anyone have any clues how

Started by Que, January 14, 2007, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

I made these clouds lol
The clouds i think are pretty smart and its from one of my first tries of tg2 ..recently though tryin to get the clouds to look the same ...well im havin little luck so if anyones got any clues id love em :P

Will

Are you asking how to make the clouds look the same or how to make them look more unified?

regards Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Que

just to get the same efftect really cus out of all the clouds ive done so far ..only this one seems ok

Will

well you could jsut copy over the nodes, jsut hold ctrl and click on the nodes having to do wiht atmosphere or lcouds or what ever then pres ctrl-c mover over to anouther terragen window and press ctrl-v

regards

Will

Que

I think maybe i didnt write down what im after properly or sumot but ...well
ive made the picture but as it was just a tester render i havnt saved any files or anything for it.
as i did it so easily i thought id be able to redo them but the last say 15 renders ive done are not turning out the way id like so ...if someone knows what clouds i used roughly what settings ..great lol

ps thanks for trying to help
Q

John2k6

Will

well genrally to make nice looking clouds you should play with the denicty and deth setting out side of that I can't help you getting back to that same type of quality.

Mr_Lamppost

Is this what you are after?

This is pretty much default settings.

I started a new scene then moved the camera to mostly look at sky.

Lowered the haze in the atmosphere a bit and added a low and medium cloud layer.

For the lower layer I lowered the coverage to -0.25 then selected the Density fractal and tried a couple of random seeds until I found something I liked.

I upped the samples on both layers a bit before the render.

Not exactly the same but has the 'Flavour' of the clouds in your image.  If it's any help the .tgd is here.

[attachthumb=#]
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Que

Yes i'll give that a whirl an see how they turn out ..thanks an nice render :)

Que

Thanks for the help i think what i was doing was making my clouds density to high instead of just leaving them at pretty basic settings :)
now i need to work on me shaders n get me slope constraints right