Surfacing and Population Test

Started by zionner, February 03, 2008, 08:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

This is my first terrain render in a while (Most of my ones have been from space)

and I've been playing about with some surfacing and populations, I'm still not happy with the middle of the render, but I want to know what everyone here thinks

Render Details: 1 Quality
                     9 AA
                     800x600
                     14 hours 34 Minutes and 29 seconds Render time

Enjoy!

Will

Not bad but I think the trees all look too uniform, just a technicality though.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

This is difficult to do.  So putting a population across a rough terrain like this is something.  The trees should be alternating heights and the green is too green.  
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

yes need more height variation and also they look flat and like billboards....did you disable the GI??...

although the population in the background is looking good!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

zionner

thanks for the comments everyone,

One quick question about the render that i'd like to know what is: What dose everyone think about the terrain colour? Cause I was'nt sure if it was good/bad/ok

Thanks
Zionner

rcallicotte

Terrain color is okay, but it's covered so I can't see if there's much variety.  The more terrain you show, you should think about using some variety to it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

Terrain colour is OK, but it looks like almost smooth rock, so you wouldn't expect to see such a dense and even distribution of any plants. 
I'd expect to see only sparsely distributed trees following depressions/cracks where they might find some soil and water.

Shape variation is always difficult with just a single model, even with height variation.  The tree colour looks spot on  ;)  it may just appear accentuated because of the contrasting terrain surface.

zionner

Thanks guys,

The model was just one of the free Xfrog trees, I aint soo big on really realistic models and where to get them..so it was the best I could do right now,

In terms of the terrain, I may change some of it to look more like grass or mud/soil, I'll look at it tomorrow, its a bit late now:P

dhavalmistry

Quote from: zionner on February 03, 2008, 01:13:36 PM
thanks for the comments everyone,

One quick question about the render that i'd like to know what is: What dose everyone think about the terrain colour? Cause I was'nt sure if it was good/bad/ok

Thanks
Zionner

I think you should switch your darks and brights....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"