New feature suggestion - cut & paste position data

Started by stunnedmullet, July 14, 2008, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stunnedmullet

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I always struggle to position objects in a scene. Usually I write down the co-ordinates shown by the cursor in the 3D preview window, then edit the position of the thing I want to move. It would be more convenient if you could right-click in the 3D window to copy the co-ordinates, then paste them into the objects position tab.

Any comments?

Regards,
Paul

Matt

This is a good idea and it's something we will add in a future update (after final 2.0 release).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

dwilson

A somewhat faster way to do this is to put your curser in the x coordinate box for the object and then mouse over the 3D preview where you want the object.  Type the x coordinate and then press tab to move to the y coodinate box and type in the y coordinate.  Do the same for the z coordinate.  Just make sure not to move your mouse until you have typed all three coordinates in.
Devin

cyphyr

Well theres always View>3D Preview Location or rather there was, it just shows me a blank white window now. It used to show all the position data for wherever the cursor was hovering. Worked in build 1.9.88.1 but not in build 1.9.99.1 . It would have been quite easy (I'd have thought ~ but hey I'm so no expert ;) ) to add a button that copies the location details into whatever node panel was open (if it is a relevant panel of course).
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

jo

Hi Richard,

I've fixed the problem with 3D Preview Location window for the next release.

Regards,

Jo

cyphyr

Thanks, good news, its not a feature I use much but the enhancement stunnedmullet (great tag ;) ) suggests is a good idea. I haven't been able to break the current update yet by the way. ;)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)