Talented Terragen Artist Needed!

Started by Schemmer, July 21, 2008, 10:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schemmer

Yes, I understood that the rendering for a 1024x1024 would take too much time.  However, I did not understand the magnitude (100+ hrs! Holy shit! Beyond 4 days...).  I did state earlier that I would accept 512x512 (preferrably higher) for each image.  Is that still too demanding for how long it renders?  Thus, is August 21st STILL too short a deadline?  Let me know if anything is unreasonable here.  I'm not expecting perfection either (but sometimes people can't help it).

matrix2003

Thank you for respecting us with such an awesome request.  I for one would not consider myself a "talented terragen artist."
I have played with Terragen for it seems like a decade now, and still consider myself quite the novice.  Having witnessed what "real" renders involve, this request is quite daunting, not impossible, but most here are are still using a newly enabled, powerful piece of software,  -independently determined by our PC setups. Most here are perfectionists, so just posting a series of thrown together images to provide your needs would not be the way we roll.  Your request is quite appropriate, but the time restraint and lack of sample images will leave most here disinterested.

Bill - Matrix2003 .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Schemmer

Ok... There seems to be no other way I can get this done.  There'll be no deadline.  Secondly, I can't provide you with sample images of what I want.  Just be creative.  In the meantime, I will learn how to use this program.

Cyber-Angel

You must be able to show us or at lest describe the visual style and/ or tone of the project so that art can be produced that would be appropriate for that, as others here have said. Further more if this is going to be a commercial project, what arrangements would be in place for artist credit, compensation and  royalty share; and legal documentation alluding to such.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

Schemmer

The project has a dark/mysterious tone to it.  And this is just a favor you would be doing for me.  I'll give you credit some way or another when I release my finished product.  If you want to help me out, that's fine.  This asking process has been far more complicated than I had figured, so I'll probably learn the program myself. 
I had no idea that many of you were involved in professional work with this program.  I figured it was mostly for a hobby or making cool desktop backgrounds. :P  I do know they have used terragen in professional films like Star Trek or something.  Probably use it a lot on those Discovery channel shows too.  So I'm sorry I have unintentionally deceived some of you with my "Talented Terragen Artists Needed!" title, which probably made most of you think of money involved.