Cloud Tryouts

Started by rcallicotte, July 21, 2008, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

It looks slightly better now, though the left part of the cloud still has strange light-distribution/shadows.
You might consider working on the light propagation settings.

rcallicotte

This is an update, after a few tries and failures.  I'd really like some critical opinions about this.  I've been messing with the lighting mostly, but have done some small corrections on the geometry.  Any ideas will be considered.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bri

Quote from: calico on August 07, 2008, 10:26:07 AM
This is an update, after a few tries and failures.  I'd really like some critical opinions about this.  I've been messing with the lighting mostly, but have done some small corrections on the geometry.  Any ideas will be considered.

I really like the foreground clouds and their flat bases. They'd look great coming over distant mountains.

MacGyver

Looks really massive :o
I would really love to have a look at the tgc as I'm working on a picture right now incorporating these very clouds ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

rcallicotte

I started over again.  I'm not happy with that whipped-cream stiff cotton look. 

MacGyver

Oh :o
I liked your last approach, it was an improvement at least. Right now in my image I have your last released tgc and would really like to try if it makes a difference to the overall composition :)
Until now your clouds are the best in the picture anyway ;D

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: calico on August 08, 2008, 07:19:49 PM

I hope you kept those density settings though as they would be just right for an ash plume ejected from a volcano.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

PG

That's really good calico. The only thing I can see that would need changing is the odd "Guiness top" to the clouds in the background at the bottom right.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

MacGyver

Hiho, I just wondered if you're still working on that clouds or if you've abandoned it ;)

rcallicotte

I've been working for going on 6 weeks without satisfaction.  I plan to have something useful and will post it back here.

Mandrake

That 2'nd one looks like an eruption.

inkydigit

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on August 15, 2008, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: calico on August 08, 2008, 07:19:49 PM

I hope you kept those density settings though as they would be just right for an ash plume ejected from a volcano.
agree looks like pyroclastic cloud!

Saurav

Superb shapes. Keep working on it. ;D

rcallicotte

This is my final attempt.  It has come short of my vision, but I have ignorance abounding.  Nevertheless, this is pretty close.  The settings are all set pretty low to be able to render in under 4 hours.

Light levels adjusted very slightly in Paint.Net.

rcallicotte

This is exactly the same as the immediate image above, but without distance shaders.