Object Loader

Started by choronr, September 08, 2008, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

While creating a new picture, I wanted to add a plant population. Upon adding the object>population>.tgo, I got the following error message: 'Object Loader: Cannot locate file'. None of the files under .tgo was showing up. I tried another scene just adding an object and got the same result.

I also tried opening a .tgd file in a new project also with the same result - none of my past files would show up. Yet, checking 'My Computer', all the files are there. Help please!

Oshyan

Are you sure you're adding a TGO populator and not an OBJ populator? Can you provide a screenshot of your node network or a .TGD?

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan. Yes, I am loading a TGO populator. I was adding a second TGO population when this happened. I deleted the first population and the problem did not occur.

Tomorrow, I will try adding another TGO population (a different plant than the one that seemed to cause the problem) and see if this happens again. If it does, I will send you the TGD file and a screen shot of the node network. It is late now and I need to hit the hay.

choronr

Oshyan, by changing the variety of plant, I was able to eliminate the problem. Plants and their populations seem to be quite a problem, especially when getting them to fall where you want them when using the distribution shader.

rcallicotte

@choronr - I'm not sure what you know about this, so I might be telling you something you already know.  But, are you aware that the last node in the terrain should always go to the population?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

Thanks calico; yes, I am aware of that arrangement.

rcallicotte

Okay.  No help then.   ::)

Hope this gets figured out.   8)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?