lighting through wave

Started by Superza, September 08, 2008, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superza

Playing with my last render i found this strange effect on the water trasparency through the water;
The trick is a reflective layer under water;
if i remove it the water lighting disappear, also if i put the sun lower than 4 degrees the effect is not noticeable.
So i think the water looks like if the sunlight flows through not directly.
A lot of raytracing error made me render this one in two separate part; higher and lower and then merge them in psp.
So you could see slight colour difference between high and low part.
I attach the water and reflective layer settings just to show how the reflective layer needs to go under the water
Best Regards Max

PG

That's a very good effect. and thanks for the cool water clip too
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

inkydigit

very very nice shot Max!....thanks for sharing...I will have alook at this later!

matrix2003

This has promise!
Thanks for sharing.
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

AndyWelder

This is what I tried to achieve in many water renders! Brilliant!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

matrix2003

Well I played with this long enough!  I can find no difference in the clips, and I am lost as to how you produced this output with these files.
I assume that you are layering in postwork- no?

Superza

Quote from: matrix2003 on September 11, 2008, 09:06:45 PM
Well I played with this long enough!  I can find no difference in the clips, and I am lost as to how you produced this output with these files.
I assume that you are layering in postwork- no?
Hi matrix i divide the render in two parts because it chrashed if rendered in one pass.
i attach the total .tgd but keep attention the image contains terrain and image map shader so you would have lot of error while loading

Superza

Another way to product water lights is to put a luminuos layer underwater, the result are different but looks interesting; in the one i attach i used luminous+ reflective (still the same layout of green wave)
other interesting to say here:
The disc planet are cicrumcentric disc objects with image map shader of snow, low luminosity values and 0.5 opacity
Eclypes blue effect was realized triking the atmo of the planet behind in the way yoo see in attach

rcallicotte

Gaw, Superza!  COOL.  Great thinking and just plain cool.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Wow, very cool (and almost creepy) effect :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

j meyer

Hi,
nice experiments,keep going! 8)

matrix2003

Thank you!  I will have to try again!
The blue glow pic is just so cool!

Aagam

Thanks VERY much for this! This is perfect for something I'm trying to do right now :)