"Mt. Rainer" by RogueNZ
1 (1.9%)
"Climbing the Chimney" by RArcher
36 (66.7%)
"Beach Sunset" by Mohawk20
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

PG

Can we post reasons for why we voted for our particular choice? RArchers is the overwhelming winner here but I think the one I voted for is still a very viable candidate for a reason other than looking the most realistic.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

old_blaggard

Yeah, I think it's perfectly fine to post reasons for voting if you want to. We just did it in an anonymous format so that those who didn't want their opinions to be publicly known could vote.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

PG

cool, well I actually voted for yours. I love climbing the chimney, especially for the great use of depth of field. Yours shows off the control that TG2 allows with clouds and light that is unparralleled and Esgalachoir's Eltanin is a superb use of the planetary world and atmosphere. That's why I think we should have those three put forward.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Will

I voted for Eltanin since it reminded me of a marble I have. But I have to say there was a lot of great competition here, impact showed a great control over clouds and a nice overall terrain. The beach sunset had terrific atmosphere and colors. Climbing the chimney had my favorite terrain, just the way the rock folded and such I though was superb. I liked the mt. Rainer has nice lighting that gave a nature tranquility. Klas's rain forest has really nice models and just overall control of vegetation to complete the image and give a nice sense of growth and life. While the High Altitude has great composition, really drawing the eye towards the sound and the clouds in the distance. The waterfall is just cool, plain and simple.  Visions appealed to the sci-fi geek in me and I immediately was making up a back story for why the couple where on the planet.  Overall I think we had a really successful contest here, which is good to see. Kinda brings me back to the good ol' days and the premade scene contest :) good work mates, keep it coming.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Thanks for your acknowledgment, Will (and whoever voted for mine).  Did anyone notice that the couple are robots?  I should have used the larger version to show more detail, but there was no room on my web page. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

chefc

Great examples of T2 capabilities from everyone
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

moodflow

I want to vote for the image "Cosmic Crystal Garden", but its not listed  :-[
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Mohawk20

Quote from: moodflow on November 18, 2008, 04:50:28 PM
Which one is that then? Could you post a link?
Howgh!

old_blaggard

When I put this poll together I looked through the whole contest submission thread - did I miss something? If so, I'm very sorry.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

moodflow

Quote from: Mohawk20 on November 18, 2008, 05:20:25 PM

Unfortunately, this image doesn't exist yet.   ::)  (I was halfway joking I'm afraid).

Its actually an image I've been working on since the old Bryce 3 days, and just kept redoing over and over as new technology came out, the latest being TG2 of course.  Its kinda like Duke Nukem Forever...amazing, but wait, if element X is added, it will make it even better, ad nauseum of course...sorry for the tangent.

Will

if you have a render from each one I would like to see them all back to back, it would be interesting to see how things have improved.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Mandrake

You can start breathing again OB, your turning blue! ;)

moodflow

Quote from: Will on November 18, 2008, 07:20:37 PM
if you have a render from each one I would like to see them all back to back, it would be interesting to see how things have improved.

If this image ever does become "complete" I'll definitely consider this.    8)

lightning

Quote from: moodflow on November 18, 2008, 07:14:32 PM
Quote from: Mohawk20 on November 18, 2008, 05:20:25 PM

Unfortunately, this image doesn't exist yet.   ::)  (I was halfway joking I'm afraid).

Its actually an image I've been working on since the old Bryce 3 days, and just kept redoing over and over as new technology came out, the latest being TG2 of course.  Its kinda like Duke Nukem Forever...amazing, but wait, if element X is added, it will make it even better, ad nauseum of course...sorry for the tangent.

oh man i rember that (bryce3d) we used to have that at my old primary school!

rcallicotte

Once we have agreed this is it, let's send the winner off with a HOORAH and wish for the best.  Hopefully, the winner won't mind going through the trouble of sending the entry into 3D World.

And then, I have a potential idea for another contest - Let's find a work that was done in Vue for the movies and see if we can come closest to duplicating it.  For example, Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones.  We could find a movie we would all agree upon (take a poll?) and then find the best examples for reference from this movie.  Then, away we go.  We could take our time...maybe through the holidays.

What do you guys think?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?