Hells Bend: a render with shapes done with function nodes

Started by FrankB, January 30, 2007, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi there,

I would like to show you this. The shapes and overhangs have been produced using TG2's built-in function nodes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1374902

I would appreciate your comment at renderosity.

Many thanks,
Frank

king_tiger_666

frank mind sharing the tgd file?... or example

looks cool, like the strata effect with a twist shear shader?

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

groverwa

Gday Frank

Well done - please can we have the tgd. img and ter if they are needed.

Mike

Tangled-Universe

That looks really neat, love the formations and details, great work!  :)

And yes, could you please share the TGD-file or at least a stepwise how to?
That would be really great!  ;D

Martin

FrankB

Hello my fellow TG2 friends,

thank you very much for the compliments. The technique for making these displacements will probably soon be disclosed with an upcoming set of presets. I don't know when exactly, but Oshyan maybe able to be more specific.
For anyone wanting to try it in the meantime: this is simply an exponential function with a rotating exponent (a sinus), applied as a displacement to the steep walls. The terrain is called "hells bend", and I don't recall if I downloaded it from a public place or have been given permission to use it by somebody else.

I'm grateful for the comments at renderostiy so far. If you haven't left your comment and rating there yet, I'd appreciate if you would.

Regards,
Frank

groverwa

Gday Frank

Please do not tease - this is a shared file area is it not???????????

Mike

FrankB

Quote from: groverwa on January 31, 2007, 06:59:42 AM
Gday Frank

Please do not tease - this is a shared file area is it not???????????

Mike

Hello Mike,

I'm not teasing, as I've already shared with you the key elements, with which you can make up your own experiments.
If you don't want to experiment and rather have the ready made node network, you'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid. I also can't share the terrain, as it's not mine. I hope you can understand that.

Best regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for the tips so far Frank :)
This will keep me going until the presets are available ;D

Martin

dhavalmistry

can somebody care explaining what "a rotating exponent (a sinus)" is please???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

I don't know exactly what he was saying, but here's my best guess.  A sinus (or a sine) function is a trigonometry function that produces an output between 1 and -1.  It rotates, so that if you graph is, goes up then down then up then down between -1 and 1.  If this number is used as an exponent, logic says that it could be called a rotating exponent.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.