"Mt. Rainer" by RogueNZ
1 (1.9%)
"Climbing the Chimney" by RArcher
36 (66.7%)
"Beach Sunset" by Mohawk20
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

nvseal

Wow, major congrats ryan. Wish I could have joined in the contest, I'll definitely have to get the magazine when it comes out -- it'll be nice to see a TG 2 render in there. I'm going to have to try to send something of mine in someday.

RogueNZ

Wow thats awesome! Mad respect to 3D World for taking the time to have a look around the forums too :D

RArcher

Thank you so much everyone.  It is incredible what a supporting and friendly community that has been built here.  Special thanks to Calico for organizing the original idea and contest, and Old_Blaggard for handling the polls.  I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy (or twelve) of the magazine!

Here is the massive 2300 x 1475 image that I submitted:

http://www.archer-designs.com/galleries/art-galleries/tg2/fullsize/climbing-the-chimney-v3.jpg

Thank you everyone for your support!

-Ryan Archer

Esgalachoir

Congratulations Ryan!  As I said before, excellent work!

- Corin

lonewolf

Looks awesome huge. Can't wait to see it in print!  :)

Iain

rcallicotte

You deserved it, Ryan.  Great image...and I've seen you do so many more like this.

Thanks to 3D World for checking us out!  And this magazine is on my list to purchase, no doubt.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

Fantastic, RArcher. I knew this was a winner. AND you got it published! WOOOHOOO! Well done, man!

moodflow

Sweet, the huge version is impressive.  There is a bit too much distance blur on the mid-ground area in my opinion, but heck this is still pretty sweet!   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

Wow, this is fantastic. Congrats! And thanks to Mr. Hill for taking the time to stop by and say hello. :)

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Has anyone seen the 113th issue yet?  I checked at Borders yesterday, but the 112th is the present issue on the newstand.  This must be because I live in the U.S.

Tangled-Universe

Yes I've seen it last week.

The image is about 6x4" or so and Ryan briefly describes the nature of this contest and what was involved in creating this scene. Figuring out the displacements, setting up a seperate render for the DOF etc. etc.

Very nice to see a TG-render in that magazine and hopefully not the last. A bit of a pity the image was relatively small, but not that bad.

Seth

woah !!!
i didn't even saw this thread (wasn't able to get my hand on a computer), and now i saw this Oo

Congrats !!!!

rcallicotte

I can't wait to see it and I wish it had been a larger image.  The 112th (or is it the 111th?) issue has an entire section on a Vue contest.

Tangled-Universe

112th? With animal magic (the parrot) at the front page?
I have that issue here.

The rest of the issue with Ryan's work wasn't really worth buying for me. Issues cost 15,- euros here, which is almost $20

RArcher

I'm glad it made it in there.  I haven't seen it yet myself and have no idea which text they used as they asked for a few paragraphs, but eventually I'll get a copy.  (I have one on order as in my third world country (Canada), we seem to be about 3 issues behind).  I hope that the editors continue to browse the forums now and then and select some of the other deserving images people keep coming up with.