Poser 7

Started by Mohawk20, December 09, 2008, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

I've been playing around with Poser for a while, and used some stuff in renders and animations.
Problem is that I only had the cracked downloaded (illegal) version to try it out.

NO MORE!

Yesterday I was finally able to buy an official license. I get the e-frontier newsletter, and they have this $150 off sale, so it only cost me $99 plus taxes (total € 101). Which is pretty nice for software that usually costs over $250.

So if anyone needs a human figure in their scene, I can legally provide it...!
Howgh!

buzzzzz1

XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

lightning

I hate the poser interface i like daz studio better

Mohawk20

Quote from: lightning on December 10, 2008, 12:45:58 AM
I hate the poser interface i like daz studio better

Never tried Daz, but I got used to Poser. Though I don't understand much of the nodes system yet, TG2's nodes are easier...
Howgh!

rcallicotte

DAZ Studio is pretty good and free.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

But how is DaZ with rendering?
Howgh!

lightning

Mohawk20

Ah...  ;D

So as long as I know how to work the interface I have bought a good product?
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Not really that bad.  What it depends upon is getting the correct lighting.  As far as lighting with characters, it is surpassing Poser in some areas.  There are some new lighting setups that are rivaling Poser, no doubt.

Poser 7 is a bit buggy, but it can produce some useful renders if you learn it with some patience.

Tangled-Universe

I only remember Poser as those plastic looking chicks being posted at renderosity?
How is it evolved in the meantime and can it be really useful for character integration into TG2-scenes?

Martin

Mohawk20

Well, for integration, see below, it's a wip for a welcoming animation I never got to finish (waiting for water transparency at the time...).
Howgh!

cyphyr

If we could get Terragen to load model sequences we could have animated poser scenes in Terragen. We could of course do this manually, you'd just need one terragen file per frame.
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

Quote from: cyphyr on December 11, 2008, 10:05:00 AM
If we could get Terragen to load model sequences we could have animated poser scenes in Terragen. We could of course do this manually, you'd just need one terragen file per frame.
richard
That would mean a lot of separate objects, and thus a lot of disk space...
I'd rather have TG2 having flexible objects support, so that it can import file types like .3ds so we can change the objects within TG2.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

DAZ Studio now has human / object surface shaders and environmental lighting settings that make it marvelous.  If done appropriately, on the other hand, exporting a 3D person from DAZ and handling the textures in the MTL accordingly, the end results can be pretty useful.  I'll try to show examples, if I can find some tonight. 

Of course, it's not as useful as it might be...and Poser now has HDRI implemented in rendering, so this makes some great enhancements.

So, it can be in or out of DAZ or Poser to create a character.  I've done both.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 11, 2008, 06:22:39 AM
How is it evolved in the meantime and can it be really useful for character integration into TG2-scenes?

Martin

rcallicotte

Yes, I've considered this.  Lots of work.

Quote from: cyphyr on December 11, 2008, 10:05:00 AM
richard