New benchmark scene and site!

Started by Oshyan, February 28, 2009, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Once you register, login at the top, and entering your username/password in the fields that appear there. If your login doesn't work properly, you will see the "register/login" buttons again at the top - it unfortunately does not give an error messaage yet. Once it logs in correctly, you will see a message at the top indicating you are logged in. Then the first thing to do is create a new system, go to My Systems, add your system data and click Submit at the bottom. Finally, go to Benchmarks and Scenes and find the TG2 benchmark at the bottom, use Download Scene link below the benchmark example image, run the benchmark, and then while still logged-in use the Edit My Benchmarks area on the TG2 scene file page under the "Select from the lists below to filter benchmarks." section on the right, enter your benchmark information and press Save Benchmark.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Thanks Oshyan.  I was blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other.  I have submitted my benchmark - 20m46s.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mt_sabao

interesting to see that, at the moment, the 4 top results are using vista 64bits. tomorrow i'll test under 8 core macOS, at work.

rcallicotte

I guess.  That really doesn't show anything about Vista...yet.  Let's see a Windows XP 64-bit with these specs run it, but with a faster processor than Q6600 - Intel Core 2 Quad and 4G of RAM.  Or with 8G of RAM.  Right now the top 4 have faster than a Q6600 processor.

Quote from: mt_sabao on March 01, 2009, 05:46:04 PM
interesting to see that, at the moment, the 4 top results are using vista 64bits. tomorrow i'll test under 8 core macOS, at work.

buzzzzz1

Maybe tomorrow I'll overclock mine just for the hell of it and see what I can get. I've seen the E8400 clocked to 3.8 to 4.o Ghz.  NTune makes it rather easy.  If you don't see me for awhile you can guess what happened? LOL
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on March 01, 2009, 06:38:25 PM
I guess.  That really doesn't show anything about Vista...yet.  Let's see a Windows XP 64-bit with these specs run it, but with a faster processor than Q6600 - Intel Core 2 Quad and 4G of RAM.  Or with 8G of RAM.  Right now the top 4 have faster than a Q6600 processor.

Quote from: mt_sabao on March 01, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

I have a Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz and 8 GB RAM and it took 20 minutes.

Oshyan

Added results for my Core 2 Quad with 8GB of RAM on Vista x64. Looks like Vista doesn't provide any benefit. ;D

- Oshyan

buzzzzz1

Just ran another render after bumping my cpu up to 3.5 Ghz.  18min 6sec.... Saved a little time, core temps got up to 46c, of course no problem with memory. See the screen shot with the NVIDIA Monitors and finished scene.  Not sure yet how my machine will run with a larger more demanding scene though. Certainly wouldn't render overnight with this OC without closely watching the temps.

Hey Oshyan, Should I post this time on the site? Or is it setup for overclocked cpu's.
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Oshyan

Nice result Buzzzzz. If you want to enter that into the site you'd make a separate system entry for the machine overclocked. Everything would be the same except the CPU frequency would be different. When you select your CPU it will fill in the speed automatically based on the default clock, but you should be able to override that. In the future we'll have better support for overclocking of a single machine, to make the results more easily and directly comparable.

- Oshyan

~FIOS~

Oops! Wrong nic. Ignore that man behind the curtain.  ;D

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Oshyan on March 01, 2009, 08:50:51 PM
Nice result Buzzzzz. If you want to enter that into the site you'd make a separate system entry for the machine overclocked. Everything would be the same except the CPU frequency would be different. When you select your CPU it will fill in the speed automatically based on the default clock, but you should be able to override that. In the future we'll have better support for overclocking of a single machine, to make the results more easily and directly comparable.

- Oshyan

OK, thanks Oshyan, I'll see if I can enter it with the OC.  Cool site BTW!
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

So 4 more GB of RAM shaves 46 seconds...it seems.  Right?

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 01, 2009, 07:14:04 PM
I have a Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz and 8 GB RAM and it took 20 minutes.

Oshyan

It's not likely that more RAM (above 4GB especially) would have any significant effect. There are many other factors which may be involved, which is why it's always good to have as many benchmark results as possible.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Maybe the fact I was doing other things at the same time...

Fenring

nice site, added my results, would be nice if as many as possible added theirs since im considering upgrading cpu  ;)