Started by Matt, April 12, 2009, 04:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

If you are a pre-purchaser of Terragen 2 Deep Edition, 2.0.2.1 is now available for download. Just use "Check for Updates" in the Help menu.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

zionner

First! :D

Thanks for the patch guys! That was quick

Anders

When are pre-purchasers getting emails with a download link so I can download it and start using it, the system I have TG2 on is not connected to the net?

Seth

damn, i can't download this one as i am faaaar from home for 2 weeks !
first patch ? Champagne ! ;)
what did you change on this one ?

zionner

Quote from: Seth on April 12, 2009, 05:21:44 AM

Fixed gaps in ray tracing caused by a bug that was new in 2.0.1.1.

Fixed a problem which caused the number of cores to be incorrectly reported on the Splash Screen.

You can now show or hide all floating windows using a menu item in the Windows menu. See the menu for the shortcut.

Param views opened from the Cloud Pattern button are now parented to the main window (only really effects Windows).

Windows only: Fixed a bug which resulted in not being able to save project files to the root level of a drive (i.e. c:\ or d:\).

Windows only: Improved behaviour of floating windows so they no longer float above all other windows.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Anders on April 12, 2009, 04:34:35 AM
When are pre-purchasers getting emails with a download link so I can download it and start using it, the system I have TG2 on is not connected to the net?

You won't receive an e-mail, like Matt said you have to use the update function within TG2.

Here's a slight and as far as I know legal workaround:

Install TG (v2.0.1.1) on your system which is connected to the net.
Then start the program and it probably will automatically notify you of an update.
If it doesn't, go to: help -> check for updates...
Then you'll be redirected to the download-link. Save it to an USB-drive and transfer it to your rendering machine.
Install there and you're ready to go.

It's not really straightforward but I hope you'll understand that downloadlinks will not be posted nor emailed by people other than Planetside staff.
Further questions regarding registrations can always best be asked using email: registrations AT planetside.co.uk

Martin

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

Great, those patches are coming fast! Thanks!

And one other improvement should be a fix in render speed decrease if I understood correctly...
Howgh!

Anders

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on April 12, 2009, 06:53:05 AM

You won't receive an e-mail, like Matt said you have to use the update function within TG2.

It's not really straightforward but I hope you'll understand that downloadlinks will not be posted nor emailed by people other than Planetside staff.
Further questions regarding registrations can always best be asked using email: registrations AT planetside.co.uk

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not asking for a download link posted here, I'm just asking when Planetside is planning to send the download link to their paying customers mail, because that *is* something I expect.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Anders on April 12, 2009, 03:08:13 PM
Quote from: Tangled-Universe on April 12, 2009, 06:53:05 AM

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not asking for a download link posted here, I'm just asking when Planetside is planning to send the download link to their paying customers mail, because that *is* something I expect.

I know you didn't ask for it, just thought to explain it in advance :)

Oshyan

We will be sending out email links to registered users soon. We are finalizing the remaining details for the full release.

- Oshyan

Mandrake

Quote from: zionner on April 12, 2009, 05:33:27 AM

I don't know, I haven't had a ray trace error until I upgraded, to the latest and the greatest.

Mohawk20

Quote from: Mandrake on April 12, 2009, 08:43:48 PM
Quote from: zionner on April 12, 2009, 05:33:27 AM
***, i can't download this one as i am faaaar from home for 2 weeks !

I don't know, I haven't had a ray trace error until I upgraded, to the latest and the greatest.

Nah, you just have a memory issue. Try decreasing the subdiv cache. The bug that is fixed showed holes in displacements, making it possible to look through mountains.
Howgh!

Dune

Really looking forward to experience all the changes. But as I'm working on a non-weblinked machine, I'll be checking my emails even more often for the link. I can't wait!

By the way, is it better to freshly install a separate version (in case some things don't work as in the current Deep version), or overwrite?

--- Dune

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on April 13, 2009, 05:11:28 AM
Really looking forward to experience all the changes. But as I'm working on a non-weblinked machine, I'll be checking my emails even more often for the link. I can't wait!

By the way, is it better to freshly install a separate version (in case some things don't work as in the current Deep version), or overwrite?

--- Dune

Since (un)installing TG is simple, fast and non-destructive I always overwrite.
The new version will not overwrite the latest beta-version.

Martin