Problem with wet shores

Started by heavenlywarrior, June 28, 2009, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavenlywarrior

Hello everyone,

I tried to make wet stones just above the surface of the water according to kevnar's tutorial "wet shores". The white surface layer in my picture implies where the reflective shader goes (I made it white just to explain clearer my problem). As far as I know constrained layer should form parallely to the water surface, while as you see in some places it goes above and in the others dives into the water.
Any ideas on how to sort this out?

HW

folder

hi,
isn't the level also based on the fuzzy zone settings. that is why you are not completely paralell to the shore/water line  water naturally has an uneven distribution  - look at the  image, i submitted a while ago (images page 3 - inital beach scene)  you will see i have an uneven line with some mild color fade

folder

heavenlywarrior

Thank you folder

I don't think it's a fuzzy zone problem though, because I set it to 0. I'll post tgd file and perhaps you or somebody else will spare a minute to look at it.

Dune

I had the same once, and put an extra compute terrain before the wet layer (with its height restrictions). That helped. I'll check your tgd.

---Dune

folder

ok made some changes in the max and min altitude, also added an additional color adjust and reflex shaders with a merge. hope this helps - not used to giving advise - just receiving it  ;D

folder

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

heavenlywarrior

Thank you folder for your advice. Are you sure you haven't posted the untouched shore.tgd file though?

Cheers to you Matt. That explains the thing quite crearly.

Regards
HW

folder

let me check - but the settings should be different and you should have ( edit ) just checked its the new one with 2 colour adjust and reflective shaders merged and new max and min settings, but i'm going to reread matts writings and add his suggestion to mine