Vue 8

Started by reck, July 25, 2009, 06:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Wow they certainly don't waste any time between releases. It only seems like the other day when vue 7 was released.

Vue 8
3D Terrain sculpting
Directional displacement
Spectral atmosphere 3

I wonder if their 3rd atmosphere engine will finally catch up with Terragens atmosphere.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: reck on July 25, 2009, 06:20:03 AM
Wow they certainly don't waste any time between releases to squeeze every penny from their customers ;D

Anyhow, I'm curious as well :)

latego

Matt and Jo should learn from E-On.

Quickly pile bugs upon bugs (aka new features), never waste time fixing old ones (they are random features, as states the signature of one of the Cornucopia3D moderators), increment yearly the release number and feast upon users credit cards.

Bye  ;D ;D ;D

Hetzen

It really is a joke isn't it. The amount of greif a guy at work gets when setting stuff off to render after installing the latest patch, which has f'd up something else. When did 7.5 come out? About 6 months ago? I bet the people who shelled out for that are happy!

Seth

yeah i received the email too...
what a strange way to do business... but errr... people seem to like this... i really don't understand !

Henry Blewer

I have only seen a couple of Vue renders which impress me. World Construction Set was making better renders back in the 90's.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

reck

Yes it really is a joke. Why don't they take some time and stabilise their current engine and fix the bugs rather than steaming on with a full new version.

As i'm sure most people can see it's simply about ripping more money out of their customers. I'm sure the people that purchased 7 would have been hoping for some more free point upgrades rather then e-on jumping straight to number 8 and doubt going to charge a lot of money for their existing customers to upgrade.

Lupina

Hi,

I still work with Vue 6 which is good enough for me, because I am not a professional. I have spent a lot of money for this programme and I can't afford to spend more and more every few months.

dandelO

Quote from: Lupina on July 25, 2009, 01:36:01 PM
Hi,

I still work with Vue 6 which is good enough for me, because I am not a professional. I have spent a lot of money for this programme and I can't afford to spend more and more every few months.

I've never upgraded from V6, either. I'm sure by Christmas, E-on will probably have Vue 10 ready, they aren't getting any money from me for it.

PS has two versions of their software, and one didn't even reach v.1.0. Seems to me that they have the right idea. If something is worth creating, try to make THAT version the best it possibly can be. A complete new version every six months is ridiculous, especially when these aren't free updates to fix previous bugs/glitches that their users have bought into.

PG

Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dandelO

mr-miley

LOL  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Seth

naaaaah !!!
the joke will be the price ;)

PG

I heard there are 3 bands. The lite pack for £40,000, the standard pack that includes a free installer for £70,000, and the ultimate pack which you get randomly generated fixes for 12% of the bugs that are included in all the packs. That'll be £1.405e+012
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

mr-miley

Now come on PG, you're just being silly now! You know very well there is NO free installer, that will cost you another £36000. It doesn't work of course, but you can pay the extra £12000 for the patch that fixes it (and breaks everything else) A Bargain I call it!  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning