Node Network Question

Started by Elegy, August 16, 2009, 07:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elegy

This may be a basic question but is there a way of making the internal network of the Sphere object visible with all the other nodes? I ask because I'm working on my planet and my Sphere object has two separate water shaders attached to it - a normal one and a 'tropical' one. I'd like to blend the two partly based on altitude but to do that, I want to connect up a Surface Layer with one of my already existing Compute Terrain nodes. Unfortunately, my Compute Terrain node is not on the same level so I can't.

I suppose I could get around the problem by using a Texture Coordinate from XYZ node but I'd like to know this for future reference anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Luckily I managed to get the effect I wanted without requiring altitude but still, it would be nice to know how to make all nodes visible in one level.

rcallicotte

I believe the nodes that are hidden are a completely different level, so I'm not sure there is a way to see every node at the same time.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Can't you do it manually, either by clicking on the + Assign Shader or by right clicking on the input ... (ah I see your problem, the sphere has no shader input ...)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Matt

In the parameter view for the Sphere, you can assign any shader you like, whether it is in the internal network or outside.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.