I have a new tutorial but...

Started by jritchie777, October 16, 2009, 03:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jritchie777

I created a tutorial for creating gem textures on objects in T2 for those new to T2 (I am one!)  Currently a .doc, but too big even as a zip to post here.  I was hoping for some critique first to correct any mistakes I might have before I post to the wiki.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
JR

domdib

It looks very  interesting to me. Maybe if you rendered it in a basic scene, without other shaders or objects, it would help to see it more clearly?

jritchie777

I'll render one as soon as I get a chance, also reading wikipedia instructions for publishing a new article...
JR

p.s.  email me if you want the original .doc in the meantime - jritchie777@yahoo.com

cyphyr

I would also recommend using a much simpler object (cube, pain of glass, crystal) of a pre defined size, 1m, 10m etc. Also cover topics such as weather the object is viewed against the sky or the ground.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

jritchie777

Here is a plain render.  As for the other, you are assuming I can even comment about such things as weather effects, etc...  Just a simple tutorial example.

JR

jritchie777

I'll post it on the wiki in a few days, then those more qualified than me can fill in the gaps.  I just wasn't able to find information from start to finish how to do this so I wanted it in one place, also for my own use in case I forget how the hell I did it in the first place!  LOL!! :)

Thanks,
JR

domdib

Look forward to seeing this on the wiki!