XFrogs and insertion in TG2's terrain.

Started by icarus51, January 10, 2010, 04:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus51

Hello,
Due to crash of my PC i've reinstalled TG2 and i don't remember how to render .TGO objects from the CD that i bought (XFrogs).
When in TG2 and i want to insert a tree or plant in a landscape what's the right procedure?
Thanks in advance.

Claudio

jo

Hi Claudio,

To add a single object go to the Objects panel (button at top of main window) and click the "Add Object" button. From the Object submenu choose "Tgo reader" and the choose your object from the file dialog which opens.

For populations do the same thing except choose "Tgo reader" from the Population submenu.

Regards,

Jo

icarus51

OK Jo, I've done this but i don't see the object in the render window. I see a white cross in the Preview window but when i render (quick render) the object is gone. :'(

jo

Hi Claudio,

If you're only seeing the cross and not the bounding box then it could be that the object is very small in relation to your view. Either try zooming in to it more or adjust the object scale until it's the size you want. As far as I know the Xfrog TGOs should all be appropriately scaled already.

Regards,

Jo

icarus51

OK, and as to follow the contour of terrain related to populations? Dothere is an automatic adjustment o ri have  to set other parameters.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

jo

Hi Claudio,

Populations automatically have their "Sit on terrain" setting turned on and connected to the Compute Terrain node. This is under the Terrain tab in the populator. If you move a population you may need to repopulate it for it to update to the new position on the terrain.

Regards,

Jo

icarus51

Hi Jo

Thanks, excuse for my ignorance but i've tried to populate a terrain and i've seen no shadows cast by plants.
How can i assign shadows to plants?
Thanks again and forgive me for my  stupid questions. ;o))

Claudio

icarus51

Hi,
I've fixed the problem by myself. :)
Regards.

Claudio

Henry Blewer

There are not any stupid questions. Ask away. More experienced users have more technical questions. I have quite a few, but I am stubborn (stupid?) and like to work out my own answers.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T