The " `" nag and very short lived "balloon help"

Started by AndyWelder, January 17, 2010, 03:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

Minor issues but still. And strange I couldn't find this posted anywhere because it looks like it's not a one time/system thing.
After I've started up TG2 the first thing typed always is preceded by a "`", i.e. if I type "40" it becomes "`40". This is happening on all three systems TG is installed on and if I don't pay attention it will cause TG to crash or report an error because of the crazy value.
The other thing is the "balloon help" with i.e. info on a node, that only flashes up for a micro second. Only if a node is at the bottom of the screen and the "balloon help" is partially out of the TG window that part is visible long enough to read it. I can't make a screen shot of it but hope you folks know what I'm trying to say.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Oshyan

I haven't seen this, an can't reproduce it in tests just now. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

- Oshyan

Dune

Same here! I've encountered these ' on almost all occasions I just opened TG. First thing typed is preceded by '
I think I reported this some time ago at the alpha station...

---Dune

Matt

Where are you typing (i.e. can you give precise instructions, even if you think it happens everywhere)?

What OS?

What video card?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

AndyWelder

QuoteWhere are you typing (i.e. can you give precise instructions, even if you think it happens everywhere)?
That makes no difference, it happens when I type a number in i.e. a translate field and it happens when I type a character in i.e. a name field.

QuoteWhat OS?
XP SP3

QuoteWhat video card?
As I wrote: Three machines, two with an on-board graphics adapter, the third with a GeForce6200.

Matt

I notice you're both in the Netherlands - I wonder if anyone else has seen a similar problem in another country/language?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Any first field indeed, and my OS is XP SP2, graphics card is GeForce 7600 GS.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Matt on January 17, 2010, 01:28:34 PM
I notice you're both in the Netherlands - I wonder if anyone else has seen a similar problem in another country/language?

Matt

I'll test this too tonight Matt.

Kadri

I have Turkish Windows 7 home premium 64 bit and free TG2 . No problem here.

Kadri.

Tangled-Universe

I'm running XP64 UK and I can't reproduce this behaviour guys.
I guess Andy and Dune are running dutch versions of windows?

Martin

AndyWelder

QuoteI guess Andy and Dune are running dutch versions of windows?
Yup!

Dune

AndyWelder

I've posted a "help request" thread for Dutch TG2 users at the Renderosity TG forum with a link to this thread.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: AndyWelder on January 18, 2010, 01:34:47 PM
I've posted a "help request" thread for Dutch TG2 users at the Renderosity TG forum with a link to this thread.

Besides Mohawk, you two and me I don't know any other Dutch TG2 users :)
Can you point me to them and their work? I'm curious :)

Seth