What happened in Germany

Started by penang, January 21, 2010, 07:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penang

Should be a cause for alarm !

Someone brought in explosive, attempting to board a plane.

When detected, the suspect got away.

What are the Germans doing?

How can they let a terrorist get away like that?

How many people have to die before the West realize that this is no longer a game?

Henry Blewer

All we are hearing about here is Haiti.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

penang

Quote from: njeneb on January 21, 2010, 08:38:25 PMAll we are hearing about here is Haiti.
Isn't that something?

While terrorists are plotting to kill innocent people, people are focusing all their attention on Haiti.

Henry Blewer

At least it's not about some celebrity. I feel bad about Haiti. For decades the US has supported self-serving rulers there. Now that the capital has become a ruin, they have no resources to help themselves.

penang

Quote from: njeneb on January 22, 2010, 01:39:49 AMAt least it's not about some celebrity. I feel bad about Haiti. For decades the US has supported self-serving rulers there. Now that the capital has become a ruin, they have no resources to help themselves.
That is another thing that I do not understand --- What has US got to do with the quake in Haiti?

Even if US is guilty of supporting self-serving dictators in Haiti that still doesn't dissolve the responsibility of Haitian themselves of being totally useless in determining their own destiny.

Look at the looting and the fighting and the displaying of corpses and the world knows that the Haitians don't deserve any help at all.

15 years ago Japan had a quake.

Just couple of years ago China had a quake.

Many people died in Japan and China but the people there didn't do all those looting and fighting and throwing corpses on the street in protest, like what Haitians are doing.

Disgusting ... that is the word I reserve for Haiti.

Walli

no one brought explosives as it looks like. It´s pretty safe that it was just a false alarm and the person probably boarded a person. The security made a big mistake as they just let him walk away - I mean, it could have been someone with explosives. But it seems it wan´t the case.

And in general I think you have a strange point of view.

FrankB

Quote from: Walli on January 22, 2010, 04:38:21 AM

second that.

Kadri

Quote from: penang on January 22, 2010, 01:45:20 AM
Quote from: njeneb on January 22, 2010, 01:39:49 AMAt least it's not about some celebrity. I feel bad about Haiti. For decades the US has supported self-serving rulers there. Now that the capital has become a ruin, they have no resources to help themselves.
That is another thing that I do not understand --- What has US got to do with the quake in Haiti?

Even if US is guilty of supporting self-serving dictators in Haiti that still doesn't dissolve the responsibility of Haitian themselves of being totally useless in determining their own destiny.

Look at the looting and the fighting and the displaying of corpses and the world knows that the Haitians don't deserve any help at all.

15 years ago Japan had a quake.

Just couple of years ago China had a quake.

Many people died in Japan and China but the people there didn't do all those looting and fighting and throwing corpses on the street in protest, like what Haitians are doing.

Disgusting ... that is the word I reserve for Haiti.

Penang there can be many things said about your  words , but...   They are human...I think you are too ? ? ?

Kadri.

Seth

Quote from: Walli on January 22, 2010, 04:38:21 AM

yup !

Quote from: penang on January 21, 2010, 07:54:34 PM

What are the Germans doing?

whatever they want to do in their own country, not expecting to receive lesson from anyone not german, i guess.

Quote from: penang on January 21, 2010, 07:54:34 PM
How can they let a terrorist get away like that?

terrorist ? he was just an orthodox jew wearing his religious stuff and praying !!!

looks like Bin Laden worked for US before becoming the terrorist we all know... how can USA let a terrorist getting away like that ? ;D

Henry Blewer

We seem to produce a lot of them. :'(

Gannaingh

How does the U.S. not have an obligation to help Haiti? We are the richest and most powerful nation in the world, so much so that even a tiny fraction of our wealth would do wonders for relieving the poverty the poor people in Haiti are enduring. Are people so fiercely nationalistic that we can't help people in need even if they are from another country? I do not condone the looting that is going on, but they are much more desperate than any of us. We sit here worrying about buying new $1000 plus computers while they live off of $1 a day or less. Penang, before you go judging the people in Haiti you should consider how you would react in their situation.

Bluestorm

For one day the German news were full of this story, and most reports were far too hysterical on the subject. I think Walli and Frank can second that.

I've flewn a lot of times from Munich airport to other countries, and security in Munich isn't executed in any other way than on other airports. In fact, Munich is considered to be one of Europe's best organized and most modern airports. But that doesn't mean a human being who works as a security guard can't make a mistake for once. Of course it shouldn't ever happen, especially if you have such a responsible job, but we are all human and make mistakes. A German politcian said something about this being a human failure and not a technical or organisational problem, and he suggested using more personnel to avoid such incidents in the future. In my opinion this was the only reaction that wasn't completely inappropriate. I bet the guy who made the mistake feels really bad anyway, he doesn't need to be punished additionally.

And about your strange point of view...I second that as well. Maybe you should look beyond the borders of your own country - wherever you may live - and stop being so disrespectful about other nationalities and people who suffer from nature's catastrophes such as the victims of Haiti. If anything's disgusting, it's your coldness and missing sympathy.

One final note, just for the record: I've been to the USA for five times now, and seldom I've met so many friendly and heartwarming people. Other nations can learn a lot from America in terms of friendlyness and service.

Jack

lets stick you in the middle of port au prince and see how you react you seem to give me the impression that you think Haitians are primitive sub human savages. how would you react if you had lost all your family you hadn't had any food for a week along with filthy water you had to live with the awful smell of decaying flesh and the constant sight of the dead and the screams of the dying any human would be effected by it. wouldnt you fight in the street for a food package so you could feed you starving family i know i would.
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

penang

The words "primitive sub human savages" came from you, not me :)

Sure, the United States of America is responsible for every single thing that is happening all around the world.

Until when?

Until the United States itself ran out of money?

And you think the world will help you back?

Charity begins at home, my friends.

The Haitians ain't gonna thank you just because you care. Instead, they are angry at you because you guys aren't giving them GOOD FOOD !

There have been too many of these reports, of quake victims lining up to get food, took a bite and threw it away, and then they start a loud protest, scaring away the very people who went to Haiti to help the quake victims.
Quote from: wetbanana on January 22, 2010, 09:35:06 PMlets stick you in the middle of port au prince and see how you react you seem to give me the impression that you think Haitians are primitive sub human savages. how would you react if you had lost all your family you hadn't had any food for a week along with filthy water you had to live with the awful smell of decaying flesh and the constant sight of the dead and the screams of the dying any human would be effected by it. wouldnt you fight in the street for a food package so you could feed you starving family i know i would.

FrankB

Quote from: penang on January 23, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
Sure, the United States of America is responsible for every single thing that is happening all around the world.

There is a strong difference between being responsible for something and having an obligation for something.
Wealthier countries do have an obligation to help, and that arises from the fundamental understanding of mercy and empathy, both of which are characteristics of a well developed human being. Whereas selfishness, anger and envy are at the very bottom of emotional scales.